Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: lag bullets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to get damaged by a player with his bullets if his bullets dont hit you?
I pvped a laggy sabre,quite laggy but i could aim.the problem is that he had a prazor and he hit me lmost everytime he fired,and i died from 70% hull in a nephtys with au8 and i dont know what kiled me.i think it was a razor,but it didnt show up at all,i didnt see it.
and i got damaged everytime he fired,even though his shots disnt hit me.i clearly saw that,no shots hit me and still i got damaged.
how can this happen?how can i get damaged by invisible bullets?was he just laggy,or cheat?

To give u a comparision,here is how he lagged,just 70% less
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c328NB5eMiA...be_gdata_player
' Wrote:Is it possible to get damaged by a player with his bullets if his bullets dont hit you?

Yes.
Yes it is possible. Just yesterday I had a training session with the [RM], when I had such lag. For you it seems like your opponent misses you, but you're shield/hull reduces.

After that fight, I noticed, that I had 80% lag.

About cheats: I've heard, that if you're downloading something, you're lagging for others, without having any lag by yourself. Never tried tho.
I didnt record in that movie,i was in that eagle.he wasnt lagging at all for me,but i was lagging alot for him.
so yeah,theory confirmed
well it happens. I was lagy and got snaced by a upholder in my sabre while i was nuking him ...totally annoy.
*cough* As one of the lag masters around here, let me help with this one.

When you lag, the data packets get delayed, and the client send information and receive it with delay because of that. When that occurs, one might fire on you and for him you seem to just be flying randomly or standing still. He can shoot you, get out and only few seconds later the hit will be seen for you (it works both ways).

So, in case you are laggy you shoot someone, his shields are down and you shoot on the hull. Obviously, since you lag and there is a delay he don't use nanobots, so you just keep pounding on his hull. All of the pounding is sent in about data packet, and BANG - apparently you took down all of his hull.

Take a note though, that if you try to be laggy on purpose the chances are that you will die, since you often "sit in your place" due to the lags. So kids, don't do lags! (on purpose)
' Wrote:About cheats: I've heard, that if you're <strike>downloading</strike> uploading something, you're lagging for others, without having any lag by yourself. Never tried tho.
There.
^ spot on, or so I've been told by a fella who won a 5 on 1 fighter fight w/o losing more than 5/6 nano's.

Loss w/o lag = PvP God

So I'm told
U cant win 5 vs 1 unless the opposition is blind and cant shoot

whos that dude who won thatpvp? i have to talk to hm
' Wrote:U cant win 5 vs 1 unless the opposition is blind and cant shoot

whos that dude who won thatpvp? i have to talk to hm
Thing is, on his end he can see clearly, and can aim and hit his targets. While on the receivers end he's just constantly glitching/warping around 24/7. No way to hit him.