Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: engine kill blues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like engine kill. It saves my life, lets me quickdock with lanes, and is otherwise very, very useful.

Recently, I've been noticing the engine not killing when I ask it to kill the engine.

Sooo...halp?
Wrong forum section?
2 options:

1: You have a strafe command stuck. I've noticed that if I use the numpad for strafing and hit the numlock while a strafe was held, the game will continue to strafe indefinately or until numlock and the strafe key on the numpad is pressed again.
2: You are in "Goto" or "Dock" mode. While either of these are active, engine kill will not work. Switch to freeflight and you're golden.
Help Section.

Why is this even in Software and Hardware?
--
Ok enough rant.
When you're in "Go To" mode, Engine killing doesn't work.
Dat your problem?
Or is your "Z" or whatever key you assign Engine kill to broken?
Or maybe you didn't assign a key to Engine Kill.

Go look, we need more info to help yes?
Also if you open chat by pressing enter, whatever buttons you were holding will stay down until you press them again. Might be you were holding down tab or one of the strafes while you started typing.
I remember when this happened to me, I accidentally unmapped the Engine Kill Key on the menu. I still don't know how I managed that, but double check and see if the key is actually mapped on your settings.
Same problem here. Quite annoying in combats. It's like the key just don't reacts.

I just have to click it again.