Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RP versus Meta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Let's say I'm stopped by a pirate. My route would give me 5 credits, and the raider wants 10. My character doesn't enjoy dying, it has too little being alive in it, so he would logically follow any and all pirate demands. My crago, on the other hand is worth almost nothing, and am unwilling to loose money from the venture. I know that If I die I'll just respawn.

Which road should I take?
Offer him your cargo instead of credits.
Edit: Nevermind, Inconsistent

That would be one way, but what if the pirate refuses?
F1.

Edit: Jokin'.

Bargain with him.
Nevermind
' Wrote:If you want save your credits and your cargo I'm suggesting shooting your way through to the nearest dockable station.

This is of course the best solution. Put your CM on auto-fire and laugh at the poor bugger trying to CD you.
' Wrote:This is of course the best solution. Put your CM on auto-fire and laugh at the poor bugger trying to CD you.

But this isn't my problem. There's no nearby base. My character knows he's screwed, and would pay money to not die. I don't give a crap if I die, as long as I keep my credits. Which would be more in terms of server protocol?
' Wrote:But this isn't my problem. There's no nearby base. My character knows he's screwed, and would pay money to not die. I don't give a crap if I die, as long as I keep my credits. Which would be more in terms of server protocol?
Imagine there wasn't a respawn button.

Edit: Nothing wrong with roleplaying self-preservation instinct and die trying shooting your way out, always better than just sit there still and wait for respawn.
To be honest since this is a game you can base your choice on how much you feel the pirate deserves it.

I mean if the pirate is sitting there "10MILRDAI" I'd say just make a run for it. Since the guy clearly doesn't want to put any effort into getting the money then he doesn't deserve an easy ride and you should force him to either put the effort in or fail.

Alternatively if the guy is atleast willing to consider trying to intimidate you maybe try hagleing and then give him 10 mil whether he accepts the haggle or not, well, unless you can't afford it obviously.
Take a fighter's chance. Some IMG & Zoners had a Hessian double nova'd himself at that momenth. Maybe you get lucky too.
Pages: 1 2 3