Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 4.86 Server upgrade status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The server has been upgraded to 4.86. I am currently cleaning the character files to fix the many changes to ships. Unfortunately this is going to take ages - probably another 2 hours.

A downlink link will appear shortly and I'll update you periodically when something happens.
This is an important announcement, after all.

This will be locked and cleaned until Cannon will decide to post again.

Spam here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=115037

Seriously.
Server upgrade complete. It's running and the downlink is available.
I've forgotten to move ships off bases that no longer exist. I will do this soon(ish(). Some players will be affected by this.
Rebooted to put in 200 player patch. Whoops.
And enabled the load limiter...
Obviously we're still having crashes. We're looking into it.
We have identified a class of crashes related to patrol paths and have just put in place fixes on the server for these.

We have replicated the BS missile client crash that many people have reported. We are working to understand this problem.

Our first focus is server stability and I expect things will improve significantly in the next few days. I expect we will make an update release in 1-3 days from now. More to follow...

Have an enjoyable new year.
Reassigned inferno from corsairs to outcasts in the technology compatibility table.
Repnijna for HF ID ships so they can easily acquire HF reps.
Repnijna for RoS ID ships so they can easily acquire RoS reps.

Still a truely impressive number of crashes...working on it.
Another patch installed to hopefully stop 1/3 of the crashes. This should help a lot - or at least help find the problem.
Pages: 1 2