Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bloom effect ;/
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

how can I turn it off? It sucks badly, I don't like that...
Besides not installing it? Shift+F12
' Wrote:Besides not installing it? Shift+F12

Thanks.
If you want to completely remove the bloom effect from your discovery freelancer directory, remove d3d8.dll from your EXE folder.
' Wrote:If you want to completely remove the bloom effect from your discovery freelancer directory, remove d3d8.dll from your EXE folder.

Is this correct ??
http://enbdev.com/doc_skyrim_en.htm

Quote:Uninstall

Remove files d3d9.dll, enbseries.ini, enbeffect.fx.

It's the tut for Skyrim which uses more fancy stuff than Freelancer can, so in FL term it'd be the d3d8.dll and the enbseries.ini (the latter only being a config file).

If you want to disable it temporarily ingame, use shift+F12. If it's just too bright for you (it is for some systems), use Shift+F9 to inverse bloom. I always use Inverse Bloom, looks "sharper" and more detailed in my opinion. But yes, the whole thing is up to taste, as usual.
Cheers mate ill try both options.
if you want to disable it completely (without using shift+F12 each time entering the game) and not delete it completely:

go to ...\Discovery Freelancer 4.86.0\EXE\enbseries.ini

in there look for a line "EnableBloom = 1" change the 1 to 0 and you're good to go - no bloom.
' Wrote:if you want to disable it completely (without using shift+F12 each time entering the game) and not delete it completely:

go to ...\Discovery Freelancer 4.86.0\EXE\enbseries.ini

in there look for a line "EnableBloom = 1" change the 1 to 0 and you're good to go - no bloom.

Thanks that is better.