Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New GB weapon.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right, just thinking that a level 10 fighter missiles, with prohibitive energy costs, for mounting on GB as an alternative to the Boomsticks...
Thinking a cannonball, shieldbusting and tracking variant.
I don't really get what you mean?

GB missiles already do more damage than Cannonballs... move faster and track much better.... and don't use ammo....

... and I'm on a crusade against them all around.
For the Gunboat gun mounts...something torp like, instead of just particle or energy weapons.
Explosive payload type missiles, or some such, to mount where the big gunboat cannon would normaly go....
Mjolnir, I think that Unselie's talking about something ammo based for Gunboats rather than the Forward Gun.

Personally, it better be a heck of a good gun for me to lose the Forward Gun on my GB, but it could work.
How bout drop the forward gun mount in favor of 2 torp slots?
Quote:How bout drop the forward gun mount in favor of 2 torp slots?

Hmm... No

We don't want super weapons, and that would be a SUPER WEAPON.
It could eat a Battleship for Breakfast.. Or two battleships..
Thanks, but, no thanks..

Now, as for Unselie's proposal.. Well, if it's gonna use energy (more then 10k) then it's alright.
As long as it's damage is in reasonable lines.
CB is already strong as it is.. So, if you make it like 7k damage, it would instant kill most of vanilla ships.
Maybe give it stats of a Sunslayer torpedo?
I don't know..
Sunslayer is slow though. ~3k damage isn't worth it for something that slow and energy expensive. If it had about 550 speed, 1.1k range, 12k drain, and 4.5k damage?
4k damage isn't worth dropping the Boomsticks for....it needs to be able to compete with forward cannons...
10k at least...
well, i had a kusari gunboat for quite some time - without foreward gun. instead i mounted a normal - i think its a lvl 8 - gun there.

a few things to keep in mind. - while the foreward gun had a very limited arc, a gun of the same level had a full 360 degrees arc ( like the old rheinland bomber ) - mind, it made shooting at fast targets that were not jousting a little difficult, cause the speed of a fighter gun is a lot lower than the speed of a gunboat gun.

then about the missile class. - it must not be lvl 10, or a gunboat will be able to mount a liberty cruiser foreward cannon. - thats why most gunboat cannons are like lvl 7 or 8.
i do not think there is a missile that justifies replacing the foreward cannon. its either too weak or too strong. ( i only removed mine as an agreement to only use the gunboat, but no further kusari equipment on it ) so - a missile that hit as hard as a cannonball but was flying faster than the regular missile turrets would / might be overpowering, sort of.

torpedos are way out of the question anyway, cause mounting even one torpedo on ANYTHING but a bomber creates a ship that is too strong. ( and again, please don t make it possible to fire 2 supernovas on even the slowest bombers.... ) - but a gunboat that can fire anything powerful like even a nova would turn into a ship that makes anything larger useless.

since it would only be ONE mount - and that one mount is somewhat special - maybe the missile "roles" can be swapped for gunboats. - their regular turrets will feed from ammo ( but get a good boast in tracking / speed [ so they are like firestalkers at least, but all feed from 70 ammo] ) - and the foreward cannon / missile would become one missile-"gun" that would not require ammo.

the good thing is - there d be room to improve the normal cap missiles for gunboats - while at the same time limiting their usefulness due to an ammo restriction. - and for those that like to replace their foreward cannon with a tracking device, - there d be the "classic" missile launcher ( and, cause its only one, there s not too much missile spamming + the missile tube might aswell be limited to a frontal arc in order to "start tracking" )

leaves the question is making such a change is worth the efford. - and how much limiting normal gunship missile turrets to ammo would affect their usefulness. - in the end, 70 ammo shared by maybe 2 turrets is used up quickly; - and missiles are still affected greatly by lag and vanilla/custom models.

edit: that way, mjolnir is satisfied with his crusade to nerf gunboat missiles, - and the foreward cannon can still receive a useful replace for those that dislike it and rather want a missile there.
I didn't say 4k..

What I said is there are 2 options.

1- To make it a missile like, fast and with good homing, but with 6k damage top.
2- To make it torpedo like, slow with bad homing, but with 20-25k damage.

Quote:Sunslayer is slow though. ~3k damage isn't worth it for something that slow and energy expensive. If it had about 550 speed, 1.1k range, 12k drain, and 4.5k damage?

Super weapon..
Pages: 1 2