Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.86: Known issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Several known issues have cropped up that people are reporting over and over. Please stop reporting anything listed here.

Working - Ships sometimes can't orient themselves to the tradelane. Not sure why this happens, will look into it for 4.87. Simplifying hitboxes might help.
Working - Big ships aren't hit by Nova torpedos and missiles. Still an issue apparantly. Not sure what to do about this yet.
Working - Ships getting stuck behind a mooring spoke or in a station. This can be fixed, but requires heaps of work to do so. Probably for 4.87, use /stuck to get clear meanwhile. Requires an update to some docking plugins which Cannon needs to find time for. On hold.
Working - Server gets laggy during large capital ship battles. This is mostly when capital ships are engaging eachother at point blank or inside roidfields. The cause is excessive collision events: Each time a ship bumps into something the server needs to run a number of calculations and update the clients. When multiple ships collide the calculations follow eachother so quick that the server has a hard time keeping up. You can help reduce this issue by not engaging in fleet-sized capital ship warfare within an asteroid field. Fixing this will take time and effort.
Working - Isle de France missions screw up. Likely because of the insane amount of bases and lanes in the system. System will get redesigned for 4.87.

Won't Fix - Valor, Redemption, Ranseur models not able to safely launch from planet
Same issue as the Legate, Rheinland BS and Zoner Juggy and the Barge have. The ships are too large to clear the planet's deathzone before player control is fully established. Do not dock on planets with ships this large, simple as that. Workaround may be to reduce the planet's damage rate - it's typically higher then that of a star now.
Won't Fix - Hellfire rockets don't get bought on autobuy.
Likely because this is a "gun" type weapon instead of a missile. Manually buy them instead.

Solved - Missions do not work.
Solved - Goto to other systems by waypoint drops you into a sun.
Solved - Tradelane effect in the wrong place when entering tradelane

List will be periodically updated.
This thread is for devs, please direct all bug reports to the appropriate pinned threads.

Posts that were here have been moved to the 4.86 General Bugs thread.
Note to capship users who want to use missiles: Basic Missile Turrets are not crashing on use. You can temporarily use those if you really can't live without miss-siles.
We know there are several Freelancer IDs.
We know they have identical infocards.

Stop reporting this over and over again.
Updated. Please be aware of the lag issue that can crash the server - and how you can help work around it until we can find a permanent fix.
' Wrote: Working - Big ships aren't hit by Nova torpedos and missiles. Still an issue apparantly. Not sure what to do about this yet.
Is this still broken? I found something relevant while scouring through starport link

Quote: Won't Fix - Hellfire rockets don't get bought on autobuy.
Likely because this is a "gun" type weapon instead of a missile. Manually buy them instead.
tested this in MP and adding "seeker = DUMB" to the [munition] fixes this without changing the behavior of the weapon (I suspect it needs a [motor] to actually be treated as a missile)

Aet: Useful info. Making a ticket for 4.87 to get these fixes in. As for the large ships not being hit, don't worry about that. A few hitbox tweaks that are needed anyway for performance reasons will take care of that.
hey guys...i have a problem here....i hope i post in the right place
This is not happening everytime...but almost...when i dock with a planet/spacestation/jump hole i get the "Freelancer has stopped working" error.
Can someone help me?
Thank you.