Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Upgrading my RAM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Get one more 4 GB one. 8 GB is just enough for next few years. Waste of electricity having 16 GB.
want to add to my last post:

I have for a few years now a core 2 quad 2.4ghz
last year i upgraded to 8 gig memory
an ordinarry hard disk
and a nvidia gtx 275

arma 2 runs oke, everything on high some features even higher
3d resolution is the same as my monitor, if i do 150% then i get more blurry vision when i turn my head

now, if i run a detailed route with the game railworks3 with all settings on medium then my average fps ( frames per second) is just 14 , unplayable.
even more ram wouldn't help with this game, a better videocard will do.. maybe a core update like the intel i5 or i7
64bit operating systems can only address 6.4 GB of memory. This means graphics card memory + system memory. Which means, unless you run multiple operating systems at the same time, as some servers do for reasons I'll never comprehend, you wont <strike>need</strike> be able to use more than 8 currently.
' Wrote:64bit operating systems can only address 6.4 GB of memory. This means graphics card memory + system memory. Which means, unless you run multiple operating systems at the same time, as some servers do for reasons I'll never comprehend, you wont <strike>need</strike> be able to use more than 8 currently.

Oh god, my brain. This post is horribly wrong.

That's not how "bits" work, at all, in any way. The limit is for practical purposes is currently "unlimited", but hardcoded depending on the windows version(table can be found here)

You can use a hell of a lot more than just 8 if you have the proper windows.
Decided to settle with this one.
If you haven't bought those already, Go for THESE
Higher (standard these days) frequency and got a nice heat sink ^^
Pages: 1 2