Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: IDs and the new ZoI clauses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Server is crashing too much I guess for people to notice this a lot at the moment, so I guess I'll make the first post on this.

Quote:Corsair ID:
- Can engage pirates, terrorists and lawfuls within their ZoI

Hessian ID:
- Can engage pirates, terrorists and lawfuls within Rheinland, Omega systems and Omicron Theta

Unioner ID:
- Can engage pirates, terrorists and lawfuls within Rheinland and bordering Independent Systems

So what is Corsair ZoI? Can they enter Leeds? Can they enter Tau-31? Can they enter Omicron Alpha or Omega-54? Why is it quite funnily unspecified on their ID while it is explicitly specified on the other IDs above where they can go? Why weren't the factions contacted about this and allowed to make their case, and did admins know that they are taking away one of the Unioners' greatest difference over Hessians by taking away their access to Texas? Why was there completely no transparency or changelog given to the community about IDs?

ZoI for factions has always been determined by all systems that contain the faction's NPCs + adjacent systems. That means essentially that Unioners deserve access to Texas, Bundschuh deserve access to Sigma-13, Hessians deserve access to Gamma and so on. I can imagine there are a lot more faction IDs that suffer from this problem.

If anyone's ID says the wrong thing, step up and say it in this thread so it can be brought to attention.
Totally agree with this as I've already stated the same in this thread here on the Unioner ZOI thing.

So to sum up things, we're allowed to legally go where we don't have any business (Omega systems bordering Rheinland), but if we jump 1 system away from our main base that is in Bering, we're breaking the rules.
Unioners should indeed have access to Texas and two words in their ID should fix that.

Bundschuhs are a political party so I fail to see what business would they have in Sigma 13.

Now for the most delicate part, Hessians. No, they should not be allowed in Gamma, just like Corsairs should not be allowed in Alpha, Omega 54 or the Taus and just like Oucasts should not be allowed in Gamma and places like Omega 47, 49 or 50.

Enemy factions have a lot of space to fight in and I don't think I need to tell you why 10 Hessians BS's camping Crete would be retarded. Both Alpha and Gamma should treated as guard systems and since having a LN ship in Braunschweig makes no sense InRP I can't see how a Corsair Osiris would be able to reach Alpha.

Now back to the Unioners... They are more revolutionaries then pirates, right? Or not? I really don't know, but if they are pirates first and revolutionaries later (as the AGS-U claims) they should be given the right to operate in Texas. If not, just like the Bundschuhs, I fail to find a reason for them to be there.

Edit: as a matter of fact, I fail to see the RP reasons behind having Hessians in Theta. They have no allies there I can't see how their presence in the Omnicrons could help their fight against the Rheinland government
Gamma is well within our RP considering it not only is a place we counter attack but we also use it for propoganda.

Taking Texas away from the unioners is like taking manchester away from the hackers.

And Vito, I doubt you will ever see 10 jorms sitting outside of crete... seriously.. Gamma poops out 891235703429587234056876-8935048 indy legates at the first hint of a loki in system. That, and there isn't even that many Jorms total.
Well of the top of my head the GMG ID reduced our ability to hunt pirates to the systems in which we have a base leaving us out of Beta, Eta and Sigma 17. Key systems adjacent to us and fully in GMG's expanding eyes with only Eta system not having any history tied to GMG lore.
' Wrote:words about things
Bundschuh have business in Liberty and Sigmas, and with our relations with the Order, Omicrons.

Don't talk about what you don't know, Vito.
Seems like a deliberate attempt from whoever changed the ID to get the Red Hessians out of Gamma for some personal reason. Just sayin'.
Just because I can talk to some Corse people and get all friendly with them doesn't mean I can take my Titan up there and start pirating stuff in Gallia.

The ZoI restriction doesn't mean someone can't go there to RP and stuff, it means you can not engage your enemies. If we take the Corsairs as an example it's fair to say Liberty is well outside our ZoI and we can not "engage pirates, terrorists and lawfuls" there. That does not mean I can't take a Ptrans full of artifacts to Rochester, it only means I can not pirate in front of Manhattan. At the same time Hessians can enter Gamma for "propaganda reason" and fly above the plane and do their job but they can not bring a fleet in front of Crete and start shooting the planet
our propoganda service includes jorms and vidars. If you choose to fire at them... it is your own grave:)
Seems to me that the restrictions are only concerning engagements, not actual access.

Meaning, as said above, you can still go to Gamma to spread propaganda over system chat or whatever, but you can also still go to Gamma and fight in self-defence (given the "red is dead" attitude of 'sair indies, that shouldn't make much of a difference), meaning all you'd have to do is take a raiding party to Crete and wait for the indies to start shooting, after which a battle can ensue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4