Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: EFL needs new graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1310158

That's the faction page. As you can see, there are a few things missing or in need of replacement due to 4.86's arrival. So, what is needed:

* Ships / Bases looking like a hologram (the ones in the examples are outdated and you don't have to maintain that style. be inventive)
* There are 19 pics to process (without the engines, the New Paris HQ and the Luxury Liner which will be made at a later stage).
  • Ships
    • Moonbeam
    • Sunbeam
    • Eclipse
    • Aurochs
    • Vache
    • Pachy
    • Lucullus
    • Briller
  • Bases
    • Chartres Space Colony
    • Briancon Station
    • Beauvais Production Facility
    • Laval Shipyard
    • Montlucon Space Colony
    • Riom Shipyard
    • Romorantin Space Port
    • Saint-Quentin Space Colony
    • Luxury Liner Belleville - This base is not a liner in the current mod so you can replace it with a Gallic Liner.
  • Components
    • Gallic Docking Ring
    • Gallic trade lane
    • Gallic Jump Gate
* The ships and the bases must be clean and good looking renders. <strike>No ingame images!</strike>
* The name of each item must be in the hologram.
* The color scheme is dirty yellow - black
This is how the old ones look like:
[Image: aurochs.png][Image: briancon2.png]

For the ships, try to show their complete name (MCU-1 "Aurochs" Gallic Freighter). For the stations, don't display all that information, only the type.
I am sorry, but even 300mils will not cover your order. You want custom renders of the space stations/bases, which are not just sitting there. Contact me if you want to hire me, but it is not going to be 300mils.
If you want me to do just ships, let me know how many ships all together you want to be done and we will discuss the price.
I'll see what I can do. Few questions though:

Is there anything specific you're looking for in the holograms?
Can you list the bases/ships in question here, as it will be a lot easier for me to tick them all off.
I could do something, but only if you list them up in this Thread and maybe support some Screenshots of the Stations. I can't really render Stations, because they're made out of Station Parts and each of them is a Render. Also, what's so bad about Screenshots, Stations are easy to cut out.
' Wrote:I am sorry, but even 300mils will not cover your order. You want custom renders of the space stations/bases, which are not just sitting there. Contact me if you want to hire me, but it is not going to be 300mils.
If you want me to do just ships, let me know how many ships all together you want to be done and we will discuss the price.

First of. Renders as you say are not growing on trees, as you specifically said, and you justify this by demanding more. 300 millions is already a lot for something to some shiny signatures or art. (Little note: I'm not playing on Discovery anymore, but the community here is the best that I met while I played Freelancer)

First-of, to create those renders you use the tools that some members of the Freelancer community world-wide made, and they provide you with those tools for free. Doing a render is hard for you? Importing something is hard? Would you prefer to decompile everything, reverse-engineer formats and stuff like that? Please, if this job gently offered to you by a couple of players who want something done won't go down with you, look for something else, instead of trying to juice-out other credits.

If I find some time, I will do this for free. Just send me a list of whatever you need by PM.

EDIT:
(Made in less than 30 seconds, with a custom render it'll require just 2 additional minutes)
EDIT 2:
(Made in five minutes with some more effects, using the render available at the Wiki. My point - proven)
[Image: 20u8qcx.png][Image: hsjes9.png]
' Wrote:I am sorry, but even 300mils will not cover your order. You want custom renders of the space stations/bases, which are not just sitting there. Contact me if you want to hire me, but it is not going to be 300mils.
Thanks but no thanks.

' Wrote:I'll see what I can do. Few questions though:

Is there anything specific you're looking for in the holograms?
Can you list the bases/ships in question here, as it will be a lot easier for me to tick them all off.
  • Ships
    • Moonbeam
    • Sunbeam
    • Eclipse
    • Aurochs
    • Vache
    • Pachy
    • Lucullus
    • Briller
  • Bases
    • Chartres Space Colony
    • Briancon Station
    • Beauvais Production Facility
    • Laval Shipyard
    • Montlucon Space Colony
    • Riom Shipyard
    • Romorantin Space Port
    • Saint-Quentin Space Colony
    • Luxury Liner Belleville - This base is not a liner in the current mod so you can replace it with a Gallic Liner.
  • Components
    • Gallic Docking Ring
    • Gallic trade lane
    • Gallic Jump Gate
What I'd like to see in the holograms is the name of the item presented and
  • ship specifications for ships (like in the old holograms)
  • base type for bases (again, like in the example)
' Wrote:I could do something, but only if you list them up in this Thread and maybe support some Screenshots of the Stations. I can't really render Stations, because they're made out of Station Parts and each of them is a Render. Also, what's so bad about Screenshots, Stations are easy to cut out.
Alright, I'll make some screens with the stations if you think they're easy to cut out.

' Wrote:First of. Renders as you say are not growing on trees, as you specifically said, and you justify this by demanding more. 300 millions is already a lot for something to some shiny signatures or art. (Little note: I'm not playing on Discovery anymore, but the community here is the best that I met while I played Freelancer)

First-of, to create those renders you use the tools that some members of the Freelancer community world-wide made, and they provide you with those tools for free. Doing a render is hard for you? Importing something is hard? Would you prefer to decompile everything, reverse-engineer formats and stuff like that? Please, if this job gently offered to you by a couple of players who want something done won't go down with you, look for something else, instead of trying to juice-out other credits.

If I find some time, I will do this for free. Just send me a list of whatever you need by PM.

EDIT:
(Made in less than 30 seconds, with a custom render it'll require just 2 additional minutes)
EDIT 2:
(Made in five minutes with some more effects, using the render available at the Wiki. My point - proven)
[Image: 20u8qcx.png][Image: hsjes9.png]
I like them, simple and clean. Very nice! (btw, the Vache is the old model)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

You don't have to keep the format with the light coming from a base support and showing the ship. Here're a few ideas that might be nice to try out:
- Multiple light sources
- Rotating model (if anyone is able to do something like this, a CAU 8 will be the reward but it has to be... AWESOME)
- Wireframe model
Quote:You don't have to keep the format with the light coming from a base support and showing the ship. Here're a few ideas that might be nice to try out:
- Multiple light sources
- Rotating model (if anyone is able to do something like this, a CAU 8 will be the reward but it has to be... AWESOME)
- Wireframe model

So, a .gif in wireframe mod coming from the base thing would be your choice? Fine with me.
As long as the prize in cash will go to some player helping group like The Angels, I'll do it.

This was a test for a gun.

[Image: au6nvs.png]

PS: Since I lack r14 on my computer, I'll require you to send me the converted CMPs of the ships that you want rendered out with an animation. These animations will be made in Maya and then exported as a .GIF, they will be then handled in Photoshop.

I can make them pop-out and then rotate, or a dissolve effect with a flash while the model is rotating. Your choice.

This is an example on where you can find the .CMP files.
Link
I would love to see the "artist" showing me the station renders and report me how much time he spent on those.

Ships are easy to make, the reason why it is not going to cost 300mils is because
Quote: The ships and the bases must be clean and good looking renders. No ingame images!

I am not going to spend couple of days rendering stations for some 300million credits. You specifically said NO IN GAME IMAGES, then you cross it out because 2 people, who know what they'are doing, told you it is kind of time consuming. Using in game renders will yield poor quality image. You crossed off your remark about good, clean images,thus going with lower quality end result. The example of work provided does not meet your own requirements.
Lets see what they will provide you.

Yanov, why dont you take a chill pill and show me the station job. Please do. Lets see how you gonna come up with 12 custom renders.
You offer generic results, nothing spectacular or original. The whole info page will look generic, if that is what the faction wants to look like, by any means...

For the record, the only thing you proved to me is you don't really know what you are doing.
As you probably know, stations are 3D models aswell.
You need to convert the single pieces to a readble format (MS3D - .cmp to .3ds for 3DSMax - then .obj for Maya)
You then just need to align these pieces as the real thing, set the lighting correctly and you're done.

Of course, Maya isn't necessary. It depends what CG software you prefer over another one. I find Maya more user friendly than 3DSMax, but the plugins made for 3DSMax aren't available for Maya.. so I still need it. When someone will port these plugins over to Maya, it'll be a memorable day.
...:crazy:
Pages: 1 2 3