Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 200 players limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So what do you think, is it good that server has 200 players limit?
In my opinion, i think that after new mod was released there are many users now. Many players came back and now its hard to Connect the server these days.
The 200 player cap is a fault of the game engine. Increasing the cap has been discussed many times before, and the reasons why it is very difficult to increase that number have been explained in detail.

-> search.
We <strike>can't</strike> won't increase the number. Live with it is the only thing we/you can do.
It would be nice to have more than 200 players on the server at once. I think most of us would love to do it, but we just haven't found a feasible way to do it yet. 200 is basically the highest we can go in terms of server slots right now.
This was discussed a few times, and the 200 players limit is made 'coz if they allow more players the server becomes unstable. So until someone don't come up with a idea how to make a stable server with bigger maximum player limit i think it's gonna stay as it is.

Edit: Ninjas...i hate 'em.
Now look, at the moment there are already 195-200 players online, and usualy at this time there were about 80-90 or 100 players online. Never been so many players online at this time before.
And now think,some hours later, i mean at the evening on GMT time there will be full server again and will be much harder to connect the server
Regardless of what we think, it can't be changed so the vote is moot.
' Wrote:This was discussed a few times, and the 200 players limit is made 'coz if they allow more players the server becomes unstable. So until someone don't come up with a idea how to make a stable server with bigger maximum player limit i think it's gonna stay as it is.

Edit: Ninjas...i hate 'em.
I dont mean there must be too many players online, but it would be much better if the increase it with 50 places or 60 or so. For example 250-280 players limit would be better and also would be much interesting ingame too.( i think nobody likes when there are only 2-3 players in each system mostrly )
' Wrote:I dont mean there must be too many players online, but it would be much better if the increase it with 50 places or 60 or so. For example 250-280 players limit would be better and also would be much interesting ingame too.( i think nobody likes when there are only 2-3 players in each system mostrly )

I don't think you're understanding us correctly.

The server cannot have any more than 200 slots. That's basically the maximum number of people we can have at once. Adding any more slots will break the server.
' Wrote:Now look, at the moment there are already 195-200 players online, and usualy at this time there were about 80-90 or 100 players online. Never been so many players online at this time before.
It actually has happened, many times before my friend.

I thought your vote was to decrease the amount of player slots rather than increase the number. (Which cannot be done by the way.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5