Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Signature.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there again......

I used gimp to make some sigs,which aren't for sale.......

I need some information on how to make signatures more better,and that's why I'm uploading 2 sigs.Please report some clues/hints/information and problems that I have in making sigs.I'm interested in learning how to make sigs like others do....

The sigs -

[Image: v4aznt.jpg]

[Image: 140vw2a.jpg]

Please report some things that I should do/do not while using Gimp.(By the way,don't tell me to use photoshop,I'll stick to gimp)
my sig is also selfmade in GIMP, my advice is to get a main point (char,ship,name)

and build the sig around that starting from the background and ending with the border,
also size matters, mine are made way larger then needed, 4 times larger to be precise,

but I scale them down till they are 220 or 230 high, mostly then they would become around 675 width
First of all, maintain aspect ratio of your images. Hold shift when you transform them.

Second, composition. Think about the layout of your images and where things are before you begin. If it helps, make some sketches of the general idea of what you want.

Third, blending. Have your focals and objects appear to naturally merge with your background as much as possible. Avoid harsh contrasts.

Fourth, inspiration, creativity and self improvement. Anyone can put a bunch of images and boxes together then add text in mspaint. Look at others' work and take from them their styles and techniques which you can use to improve your own. Never be satisfied with what you have, always strive to be better.

Four simple pieces of advice from me for now. Ask me for more if you really want to learn.
nice first try - try to play with colours, with layers, make them transparent add effects mix pictures ect.

and do not afraid to improvise - in the worst case You will have to delete some layer.

I like also connect all wisible layers and add them as new one,
then after using some efect then I set it in transparent.
Thank you all for the hints!! I really appreciate it.I'll try to improve myself,and take your advices!

I'll post some more sigs soon, just to know how I'm doing, and if I'm improving or not. :D
You can copy Schlurbi's style, very easy.