Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bank Accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
it wouldnt be very realistic though as it would induce teleportation technologies, which is of course only given to star treck (considering how weak everything is in that place XD (calculation mentions a TIE Fighter has enough wattage to blow a ship like the Enterprise to nothingness with ease))
How would it induce teleport technologies? Here in the 21st century, we can access our bank accounts from all over the world, because all the money is virtual.

ie. Credit cards (In-game) can't be transfered because a person in Vancouver can teleport his 20 dollar bill to someone in new york, but he can send money via Online banking etc.

Verg
I was refering to the idea of trading guns through this system, as stated previously. not credits.
' Wrote:I was refering to the idea of trading guns through this system, as stated previously. not credits.

True.

The idea of transferring physical objects and cargos is quite bad. This idea has been righteously poo-pooed.
Credits I am all for though- that would be a brilliant idea, many times have I wished 'Hmm, if only I could transfer these credits to that guy in Omicron X... but I'm in New London'
Credits yes...but more on that later,

Guns/cargo NO think about it, you have two traders, one sits on NB and the other sits on Kyusu...any questions?

Now, the one issue I have with this is the fact that its sorta ooRP for my RepEx trader to just send a credit transfer to my RoS one....besides, I much prefer making Lohingren chase me around Sirius...he has the worst luck while pirating.
ya it sucks when trying to transfer credits from alawful trader to youer unlawful characters.
How i do it: Smuggle the money through alaska to Crete via Artifact smugglers
' Wrote:I used this system on the Jolt Server and it works very well.
You can transfer cash between players from huge distances even in other systems.
Saves lots of time waiting to meet your friend to do a ship to ship transfer.
And can be done when moving, not sitting still while an enemy shoots you.

I would like to see the /deposit /withdraw /transfer banking functions here on Discovery.

The Admins here are excellent they will be fast catching anyone who is stupid enough to try and abuse the system.

Perhaps the /sendcash one as well?
We ran into the problem of people abusing this on Freeworlds, they'd make a Test char, use the built in trick to get mass cash, then /givecash it to their RP chars.

I do believe FLHook keeps logs of the transfers made, but I dunno how easy those are to check. So, again, dunno how easy it is to monitor. As for cash stacking, perhaps a minimum limit can be set, somewhere about 8500. That way, you can't just keep givecashing. I also know of many servers who have tax limits set on it, IE, for any transfer, 10% is subtracted from the amount you sent.

I'm really tired, so if all this just sounds like random jabber, it probably is. I'm still thumbs up for it, if things can be monitored.
' Wrote:We ran into the problem of people abusing this on Freeworlds, they'd make a Test char, use the built in trick to get mass cash, then /givecash it to their RP chars.

I do believe FLHook keeps logs of the transfers made, but I dunno how easy those are to check. So, again, dunno how easy it is to monitor. As for cash stacking, perhaps a minimum limit can be set, somewhere about 8500. That way, you can't just keep givecashing. I also know of many servers who have tax limits set on it, IE, for any transfer, 10% is subtracted from the amount you sent.

I'm really tired, so if all this just sounds like random jabber, it probably is. I'm still thumbs up for it, if things can be monitored.

Yes, I have seen abuse of this system before; PVP-whores send cash to lower level players to up their level so that they could kill them and up their frags.
What if we were to put a limit on how often credits can be stored and or transfered? Like you can only transfer money every hour. This way you can still transfer money, and it would take a hell of a long time to effectively clone enough money through this method..
Pages: 1 2 3