Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unused Factions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
After a few days of trader-ing, I have noticed many things. Primarily, no one really plays BMM, Kruger, Daumann, or any such "mining" corporation other than the IMG, and other such shipping companies....

Well, I'd like to ask:

Does anyone play these?

I am personally partial to Kruger, as they are supposedly (from what I read on the Omega-7 Daumann base) being pushed out of business by Daumann...

Would anyone play these if more people did?

I think the BMM could get something cool going on as a faction....I mean, they could smuggle supplies past the Kusari blockade to Tau-23, fight Corsairs and Hessians in Omega 3, and fight Mollies in Dublin (of course, all in self-defense)

The same really goes for Daumann in my eyes, as they could defend bases in basically all the lawful Omegas....

I think that shipping companies could really get a cool thing going on, and, personally, I like them better than Spa & Cruise, which seems to be pretty popular now.....

Thanks to anyone who replies....
Hmm. That would be interesting. If only we could put some of those indie traders in these corporations. Then all our problems would be solved, eh?:laugh:
I like to profit from any trade runs I like without being restricted by corporation RP to cargo - that said my trader character in fact can't be in a corporation due to his RP...

But anyhow, point is in my opinion trading company simply has too many disadvantages when it comes down to trading...
' Wrote:I like to profit from any trade runs I like without being restricted by corporation RP to cargo - that said my trader character in fact can't be in a corporation due to his RP...

But anyhow, point is in my opinion trading company simply has too many disadvantages when it comes down to trading...

Meh. There are admittedly disadvantages, but that primarily just serves to slow down the capships. I'd LOVE to see Daumann (or even Kruger), but that's just my warmongering. Shoot, think I gave myself away there...
' Wrote:I like to profit from any trade runs I like without being restricted by corporation RP to cargo - that said my trader character in fact can't be in a corporation due to his RP...

There's not really anything wrong with having an independent trader, it's just that there's so many. I mean, shouldn't independent traders be rare? I think there should be more people affiliated with the big trading companies than there should be small independents. If you have good RP for it, I'm fine, but having every single person as an independent kind've wears thin after a while. Plus, it'd give better targets for the pirates. The Gaians could finally attack Planetform, for example.
I rememebr UKMG tried to use BMM when they started and as I remember they changed because the diplomacy was very hard to RP due to the fact that BMM is on the Outcast side (sort of) of the outcast corsair conflict, and that there are many more corsairs than outcasts on this server (and the outcast don't really pirate much), so they found themselves under constant attack.
Indie traders should only be able to fly freighters, no transports/trains... problem solved. Only the big corporations should be able to afford a train anyhow...
its a bit obvious why ppl join the IMG.

they are spread over the whole of Sirius and can have a bit of variety in the RP.

They also have their own Gunship and capital ship weps.

Anyway maybe it is a good idea for there to be a limit of one indie trader char, per ID.

U dont need more than one to get large amounts of cash.
' Wrote:Anyway maybe it is a good idea for there to be a limit of one indie trader char, per ID.

U dont need more than one to get large amounts of cash.

Does anyone even do that? Your reasoning is logical to me, why would I bother having two?
' Wrote:Indie traders should only be able to fly freighters, no transports/trains... problem solved. Only the big corporations should be able to afford a train anyhow...

I second this. It doesn't make sense that a single man is going to amass enough money to buy an Advanced Train, now does it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5