Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How would i extract audio?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They seem to be in UTF files in the game's audio folder. Would anybody be able to tell me how to extract the dialogue that goes on when your flying around, between stations and ships, in the middle of a fight?

Would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
' Wrote:They seem to be in UTF files in the game's audio folder. Would anybody be able to tell me how to extract the dialogue that goes on when your flying around, between stations and ships, in the middle of a fight?

yeah i also like to know that , anyone know how to?

edit: hey why dont we search for a UTF extractor software on google?:D
' Wrote:They seem to be in UTF files in the game's audio folder. Would anybody be able to tell me how to extract the dialogue that goes on when your flying around, between stations and ships, in the middle of a fight?

All the sounds are in wav format

and can be found here

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\AUDIO\DIALOGUE\

or that ever folder u installed freelancer to
Greetings all

I am coming in on this a bit late but I am also very keen to learn much about this subject.
First those UTF files. Just rename the extension .wav and you should have very little problem playing them.
However it is advisable to have the LAMA MP3 ACM codec installed.
When you do listen to them you will be surprised to hear a huge string of vocals grouped together one after the other. So far what the algorithm is that selects the desired text out of this string has escaped me. Also I have as yet not found the vocals that are, as I call it, Air traffic control radio traffic. This is the stuff I am looking for but just about every audio file relates to the SP game.
If anyone does know the exact files for this I would be grateful for the info.
Music is a lot easier to extract and alter but here copyright is the trap to evade.
Happy hunting
You need an UTF extractor and a few codecs. Check on the Starport, there's tutorials available for this.
UTF is a package, not a single file.