Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GRN NPCs in Leeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The sheer number of GRN ships in Leeds would require a bridgehead in the system, but there aren't any. The Edinburgh jump gate is in Bretonian hands and guarded by a battleship (which would have had to been neutralised by the GRN), the Tau-31 jump gate is in Bretonian hands and guarded by a battleship (which, again, the GRN would have had to neutralise). The only other way they could have gotten in is through the Leeds jump hole in Edinburgh, but if they were using that then Islay would have been wiped out (it's only 7k from the jump hole, and the GRN would've secured that field and there is no way they would've missed the base).

The spawning zones for the Leeds system have been split into a north and a south zone. Two zones to cover an entire system? That sort of thing would work fine if there wasn't a massive war on. This means that GRN NPCs appear all over the system, and they don't even have a bridgehead in the system.

How do they get in, and then go so far?
The thing that is the most intriguing is to see a cruiser patrols around Leeds planet itself, I mean come on, seriously, snub patrols MIGHT slip by, but a cruiser patrol?
The most likely answer is that the consideration for what you've just said hadn't been taken at the time of development.

One could rationalize that one of the many strategies for Gallic system taking is to bumrush choke points, regroup assets that had punched through at a different location in the system before gathering enough forces to strike from all sides. It's not a very good plan, but it's better than 'a wizard did it' or something along those lines.
As far as I know, the Gaians and Gallic Crown have a no hostility pact, much like the IMG and Gallia have.
Seeing the Gallic already pushed through Edinburgh and the Taus rather fast, I can imagine that they also launched attacks into the Leeds system, when the defenses there weren't set up properly.
Those NPC patrols can be taken as leftovers or even raiding groups, which made it through the defenses (if the gaians have a non-hostility pact with the Gallic, there might be gallic ships slipping through the Leeds jumphole in Edinburgh.
' Wrote:(if the gaians have a non-hostility pact with the Gallic, there might be gallic ships slipping through the Leeds jumphole in Edinburgh.
Which would end up placing them near LD-14, not Leeds.
' Wrote:The thing that is the most intriguing is to see a cruiser patrols around Leeds planet itself, I mean come on, seriously, snub patrols MIGHT slip by, but a cruiser patrol?

This. Seriously.

If the GRN can toss in cruiser patrols into Leeds orbit. Wouldn't they be doing orbital bombardment?
Fighter patrols are more likely. But I vote, no GRN ships in Leeds orbit. Leeds is supposed to be a fortified planet now. Doubt any patrols can work their way in past the defenses.
' Wrote:Seeing the Gallic already pushed through Edinburgh and the Taus rather fast, I can imagine that they also launched attacks into the Leeds system, when the defenses there weren't set up properly.
Those NPC patrols can be taken as leftovers or even raiding groups, which made it through the defenses (if the gaians have a non-hostility pact with the Gallic, there might be gallic ships slipping through the Leeds jumphole in Edinburgh.
So what, entire battlegroups decided instead of securing the ways they got into Leeds they'd go hunting BAF ships and let the Brets build defences around the entrances to the system?

The way Leeds has been designed at the moment is like a middle ground between two different directions the mod team could've taken. One was that no GRN were in Leeds yet. The other was that the GRN had established a bridgehead in Leeds. I think the latter of these should be implemented rather than having these GRN patrols in the system without anywhere to receive supplies from.
' Wrote:Which would end up placing them near LD-14, not Leeds.

They got engines. They would fly there, though most of them would be destroyed on the way, some can slip through.
' Wrote:So what, entire battlegroups that decided instead of securing the ways they got into Leeds they'd go hunting BAF ships and let the Brets build defences around the entrances to the system?

Allow me to clarify what I am talking about.

I am not saying that they should go hunting for BAF ships around the other entrances. What I am actually thinking of is that GRN is currently TRYING to break into Leeds.

Meaning, the GRN are concentrated AROUND Leeds but not too close. Meaning that the GRN are laying siege to Leeds and are attempting to break through the orbital defenses but are failing so far because of Leeds being heavily defended.

So, what I am fighting for is for the patrols to be FURTHER away from Leeds instead of RIGHT IN ORBIT.

' Wrote:The way Leeds has been designed at the moment is like a middle ground between two different directions the mod team could've taken. One was that no GRN were in Leeds yet. The other was that the GRN had established a bridgehead in Leeds. I think the latter of these should be implemented rather than having these GRN patrols in the system without anywhere to receive supplies from.

I agree on this. If currently, there is no bridgehead in the Leeds system. The GRN should only be sending in interdiction patrols to cut off supply to Leeds, not attacking Leeds directly. Only AFTER establishing a bridgehead should they be sending in cruisers and battleships to secure the area.
Pages: 1 2