Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Loading ore into bison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
simple question here folks, im back in disco after a lil absence, and i noticed that when mining the cargo wont go in the transport im filling. im grouped and targeted on the transport but it aint goin in. i read thru the guide and saw nuttin about it, maybe i missed it?
' Wrote:simple question here folks, im back in disco after a lil absence, and i noticed that when mining the cargo wont go in the transport im filling. im grouped and targeted on the transport but it aint goin in. i read thru the guide and saw nuttin about it, maybe i missed it?

oh im flying the replacement for the maffic, the ashtra or something like that sry cant remember the name and im loading into the new bison. anyone else have this issue or was the mechanic changed in the update. im doing it as ive always done and it aint workin.
its not rly a major issue, just slightly annoying to jettison pod after pod after pod, is all
First thing to check: Is your character actually receiving a mining bonus? If no, then the fill-the-other effect won't trigger. So please state ship, ID, IFF and wether or not you're pewing rocks with mining turrets.

Next, check if you're close enough to your target. You need to be close... I think the trigger is 1000m, but given ship radius is added to that, you're better off to stay within 700m of your target while filling.
i stated the ship as the Arrastra
IMG id & iff, of course mining turrets. and im well close enuf, like 100m. im not new at this, im doing it exactly the way i used to in 4.85. so there must be a mechanic thats been changed that i havent compensated for.
Is there an actual in-game restriction(not RP) as to what materials u get the bonus for now, depending on ID?
thank you for the reply

' Wrote:First thing to check: Is your character actually receiving a mining bonus? If no, then the fill-the-other effect won't trigger. So please state ship, ID, IFF and wether or not you're pewing rocks with mining turrets.

Next, check if you're close enough to your target. You need to be close... I think the trigger is 1000m, but given ship radius is added to that, you're better off to stay within 700m of your target while filling.
It fills for me. you must have not selected it or might not have been in the mining field.
Did the transport you try to fill is red to you, I meant something like guard repped ship, in that case invite him to your party and problem solved
i figured out the problem. it seems i wasnt aware that ID's are mechanically restricted to RP mining materials now. i was trying to mine scrap with img id. gold ore works just peachy. i learn something new everyday lol. im still getting the hang of 4.86 and i apologize for being a tard ha

Le Pèlerin
I love your siggy, made me laugh soooo hard!
Hence my question - were you receiving a mining bonus;)

Ah well, problem solved.
' Wrote:i figured out the problem. it seems i wasnt aware that ID's are mechanically restricted to RP mining materials now. i was trying to mine scrap with img id. gold ore works just peachy. i learn something new everyday lol. im still getting the hang of 4.86 and i apologize for being a tard ha

Le Pèlerin
I love your siggy, made me laugh soooo hard!

ID's mininghack, that's new, I should try it and btw credits for the sig should go to Maelstrom *bow before Maelstorm*
' Wrote:Hence my question - were you receiving a mining bonus;)

Ah well, problem solved.

im not sure about any bonuses, with drop rates and all i can never tell. but while mining gold, every occurance the materials went straight into my customers hold. so thats all good.
and Le Pèlerin, i dont understand what Id's mining hack quite means