Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: i got a question about RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, sorry for bothering, but i got a question about a situation and i want to ask if it is in concordance with the rules or not as that situation bugs me a lot

So, I was in alaska doing a mission with a friend of mine which consisted in killing some liberty navy ships.But when we were destroying the last remaining ship a player from the Liberty Police arrived and shouted ,,Stop" but then destroyed me immediately

Now, i am not rageing or anything like that, but i am a little confused here since on the server, it occasionally appeared a message saying that any attack must be the result of an RP situation and that ,,Halt" is not enough as a reason(or something similar it said) but also the friend of mine pointed me that on the ID wore by the attacker it said "Can engage and destroy any unauthorised ships within the Alaska system,"

And so, i would love to know the exact answer here, thanks!
Well they do have the right to destroy you there as it's a restricted system but I don't think they can do it without saying a word. "Stop!" doesn't qualify as RP either so, yeah. Just going on common sense. Been here since 2007 and I still don't know the rules by heart. So far, common sense has saved me, no sanctions to date.
I forgot to tell that i was an order, does that still counts as a restricted system if i am an order?
I believe that regardless of either person's affiliation, any engagement (as stated) should be a result of RP. When someone is found in Omicron-85 (OC guard system), they are not obliterated when found. Even with "Engage-on-sight" orders, there should logically be an RP present before engaging. The Liberty Policeman did NOT fulfill the per-engagement requirements.
Quote: 5.2 All attacks must be the result of some form of role play. "Engaging" is not sufficient. An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Being hit with a CD is not considered an attack. If a player is attacked he has a right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking.

Pulled from the server rules....that guy needs to learn how to RP
If LPI faction tagged let them sort it out.

If an indie then??
First thought: Wasn't "stop" an in-RP demand? You know, stop shooting them.
Did he said anything after, during the fight but before lowering your shields below 50%?
But it's poor amount of RP anyway.
No, he just said stop and then he killed me in one or 2 shots

before he started shooting me, i saw him arriving on the scanners, he kept comming closer and closer but i was still shooting the remaining liberty navies to complete my mission, when he arrived closer and said stop, me, along with my friend, still had 1 liberty navy to kill, but we stopped, the next thing i know is that i am death

I also made a screenshot of the chat window, if it is required, i may post it here
if i remember correctly (but i might be wrong) Alaska is a guard system belonging to LN and LSF. all others are Kos. even liberty police as they are prohibited in that system as well. Still. just shouting stop is not sufficent if you want to roleplay. If you dont want to roleplay then go to another server.