Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RED RING OF DEATH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just went downstairs to start a new Skyrim profile but I got the red ring of death on my xbox 360. I had had it before and it went away when I unplugged and replugged everything. Well, it didn't go away now. Can anyone give me any tips on coaxing or repair short of a low-temperature oven bake that could help me out here?
How many of the 4 pieces of the circle were red, and were they flashing or solid?
[color=#FFFFFF]Get towells wrap it up and overheat it let it cool and it should work.

P.S 50% chance that you'll only make it worse. Get it to the service
' Wrote:How many of the 4 pieces of the circle were red, and were they flashing or solid?

Primary error code was 3 red rings.
Secondary error code (holding white button and pressing eject) was 0020.

Error Code 0020 or the "Unknown Error Code"
They fix the Red Ring of Death for 50 bucks here. It happened to me last month after 5 years of healthy consoling. I decided to go for a new console because I was never happy with the air flow of the initial X360. Still, you should be able to find some workshops to fix it.
Upgrade your PC and then you don't have to suffer consoles.
' Wrote:Upgrade your PC and then you don't have to suffer consoles.
Consoles are great, bro.

I mean.. sure the PC can run the same stuff, but really, think about it. If you don't have a PC made SPECIFICALLY for gaming, then you're better off using a console. Consoles are made with the sole purpose of gaming, not PCs.

EDIT: Plus, you don't have to upgrade your console every year or two to play the new games.
' Wrote:Consoles are great, bro.

I mean.. sure the PC can run the same stuff, but really, think about it. If you don't have a PC made SPECIFICALLY for gaming, then you're better off using a console. Consoles are made with the sole purpose of gaming, not PCs.

EDIT: Plus, you don't have to upgrade your console every year or two to play the new games.

Well in 2007 I bought a gaming PC, 5 years later it still runs the newest titles like milk.

Edit: I have to say though, I do own a PS3, there are a lot of titles, especially some not even aviable in Europe for the console
THATS WHY PS3 FOR THE WIN

and any way buy a new water cooler system for your Xbox 360 it cost's around 300 Dollars
' Wrote:THATS WHY PS3 FOR THE WIN
and any way buy a new water cooler system for your Xbox 360 it cost's around 300 Dollars

[color=#FFFFFF]As much as a new 360 then
Pages: 1 2