Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Liberty Navy High Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: LSFINCheaderbasicV1.gif]

Firewall Status... [color=#33FF33]Online
Verify Encryption Keys... Ok
Confirm Identity... Randy Roden Recognised

Dear Sirs or Madams,

my name is Randy Roden and I'm the current Secretary of Tactical Operations in the Liberty Security Force (hereinafter refered to as LSF). I contact you to discuss a certain topic which has to be discussed sooner or later. I know about the recent incidents our two groups had, but we should forget about that and concentrate together on more important subjects.

As Secretary of Tactical Operations it is my task to organise and lead operations outside of Liberty territory. One of the operations I am currently working on is the increased frequency of attacks on the Rheinland supply lines to damage the Rheinland war machine over time. But it is not my intention to do that alone. My fellow agents could be more efficient in Rheinland if we would coordinate our attack attempts.

My current plans should lead to a situation, where we can inflict more damage on the Rheinland economy without risking as much casulties than if we would do a non organized attack attempt. The LSF could easily sneak some Agents into the depth of the Rheinland core systems. But if we want to launch attacks faster we would also require a mobile refueling platform. I was thinking about a modified Bison transport with the capacity of several thousand units of fuel. With that we could easily stay several weeks within the Rheinland territory without having to fly back to Liberty for refueling. Together with a cloaking device and possibly several docking modules, the Bison should be able to serve as a "light carrier" for the LSF.

However, to sneak a Bison into Rheinland is more difficult than a small bunch of Fighters. So we should concentrate our forces to be able to establish that strategic viable position within the Rheinland systems. If the Liberty Navy could attack the border system Hamburg from the Bering Jumpgate, we could launch our attempt to sneak through the Hudson Jumpgate at almost the same time. While your forces distract the Rheinland Military we should be able to sneak right by. I know that this might inflict some damage on the Navy side, but I think the military advantage we get out from this is more than worth the risk.

I am open to any suggestions you might have in that case. If you have any other ideas on how to improve our efficiency in war, then do not hesitate to share them with us.

I am looking forward to your answer.

Randy Roden
Secretary of Tactical Operations
Liberty Security Force

Enabling Feedback Loop...
Closing Transmission...
Signal Lost...

[Image: LSFINCfooterbasicV1.gif]
Transmission; Start
Identification: Commodore Christina Robinson
Encryption: Secure

Randy Roden;

Your proposal is based on the assumption that we have to fight what is otherwise a needless battle that could quite possibly degenerate into one of attrition. Aside the opinion that I am distinctly unimpressed with the willingness of the Liberty Security Forces to sacrifice elements of the Liberty Navy, I understand that you will be doing this on behalf of the war effort of the entire house. What I also understand is that without risk comes no reward.

Because of this, I would only like to change one element of your plan; that being, the nature of the fight that the Liberty Navy will have to undertake. Firstly, the Westfalen is currently being refitted with systems more suitable for Liberty-designed strike craft, which means that for now, we lack the ability to base there. Until this problem is solved, we wont have a forward base from which to coordinate any kind of feigned assault with fighter support.

Secondly, and this is really the larger issue: what part of your plan requires a battle to take place? All we actually need to do is to convince the Rheinland Military that they will come under attack by virtue of deploying a large fleet of ships in Hamburg. This will put them on the defensive as they consolidate their forces to prepare to receive an assault. A small engagement may take place to encourage them to commit, but we do not need to fight a large pitched battle in order to provide the distraction you need. That should be considered as a last resort, if we are to maintain our overall defensive posture.

Transmission Terminated