Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: some questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as much i know the reavers are enemy of corsairs right? If yes then why do i see most of them nutral to corsairs even corsair guard?

Next, i heard from someone that hesseins are not allowed to come in gamma with thier bs. Is that right?

' Wrote:i heard from someone that hesseins are not allowed to come in gamma with thier bs. Is that right?
I don't see anything saying it can't go to Gamma in the first place, but it certainly can't initiate an attack. If it gets attacked then that's a different story because it'll have the inherent right to defend itself. But the truth is, why would you take a battleship to Gamma if it isn't going to have a rumble?
' Wrote:as much i know the reavers are enemy of corsairs right? If yes then why do i see most of them nutral to corsairs even corsair guard?

Specific Reavers who take contracts on Corsair targets should, to my knowledge, be hostile to the Corsairs. The Reavers have, in my experience, been good at repping their ships properly, so I don't think this is what is going on. More likely, what's happening is that you are a Corsair, and yet they are appearing as neutral or even friendly on your screen. This be because the Reavers use a Freelancer IFF. You see, your HUD does not display a ship's reputation in accordance to how they view you on their repsheet, but rather how you view their faction on their repsheet. You are most likley neutral to Freelancers (This is the default reputation for most players towards Freelancers) And as such, they appear neutral to you, because you are neutral to their IFF, even if they are red towards your IFF. As such, they will appear as white to you, but Corsair NPCs should shoot them, they should be denied docking permissions on bases, ect.

Hope that answers your question. If you believe this is not the case, then you should take the issue up with the Reaver faction, and if you believe rules have been violated, check out the Rules section of the forum.
' Wrote:I don't see anything saying it can't go to Gamma in the first place, but it certainly can't initiate an attack. If it gets attacked then that's a different story because it'll have the inherent right to defend itself. But the truth is, why would you take a battleship to Gamma if it isn't going to have a rumble?
2 days ago i saw a hessian bs near omega 41 jh at gamma. Then a corsair friend told me it has restrictions to fire first in gamma. To check this i tried to go near him for scan his id while he started to shoot. While trying to get closer i stuck in astoroid and he opened fire. After loosing shild i fired back and kill it. However the purpose of scanning him wasnt complete.
Yesterday i found 3-4 hessian bs and while approching them i found out they are already engeged in fight. Then too i couldnt get a chance to scan.

Can anyone confirm what thier id says?
' Wrote:Specific Reavers who take contracts on Corsair targets should, to my knowledge, be hostile to the Corsairs. The Reavers have, in my experience, been good at repping their ships properly, so I don't think this is what is going on. More likely, what's happening is that you are a Corsair, and yet they are appearing as neutral or even friendly on your screen. This be because the Reavers use a Freelancer IFF. You see, your HUD does not display a ship's reputation in accordance to how they view you on their repsheet, but rather how you view their faction on their repsheet. You are most likley neutral to Freelancers (This is the default reputation for most players towards Freelancers) And as such, they appear neutral to you, because you are neutral to their IFF, even if they are red towards your IFF. As such, they will appear as white to you, but Corsair NPCs should shoot them, they should be denied docking permissions on bases, ect.

Hope that answers your question. If you believe this is not the case, then you should take the issue up with the Reaver faction, and if you believe rules have been violated, check out the Rules section of the forum.
Actually when i saw them there were 3 osiris(npc mission support) but i didnt see them shooting at those reavers.