Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone! I'm new to this community and I wanted to introduce myself... I havent found an special place for it so I thought that here would be good.

So I'm a fan of freelancer and mostly a fan of the discovery mod. I've played an early version of it some time ago but only on lan with a friend. Recently I got the urge to play again so I went to download it and thought, why not find an online server. And then I came here. I chose the RP section because always wanted to do some RP being a DnD player but since our campaigns usually collapse half-way through... well it always was a small deception for me... so I guess I'm kinda a beginner in RP though I hope I'll get a lot of practice in here... heh

My in-game name is Maysons... some of you might have seem me recently...I'm going for the corsair faction (always wanted to be on the unlawful side). I also wanted to be a gunboat capt. (not a mindless b-ship/pvp whore... done my share or reading) so I was hoping to get a few tip to be a successful RP player.

Thanx to all
Welcome:)- and have fun!
What she said... Welcome aboard, etc. Just eh, try not to get flushed out by some of our more Negative Nancy type forum members. They like yelling at people sometimes. Anyways... Yep.

*cough* Tally ho...

-Edit- Oi, an adminish moved the thread to the right spot. I was just going to give a link, but oh well.
Hey. Corsairs = bad idea, my friend. Not to say anything bad about the NPCs *cough*cannibals*cough*, but about 90% of the Corsair PCs are mindless cap-whores. Try the Outcasts: less of us, and not as many cap-whoring independents. Join the BLS. Link in ma sig.

Oh, and join the LPI! We're the best starting faction as we have 0 focus on PVP, and 100 focus on RP and fun. Yes, we PVP (well, you start out in a Patriot, so you don't PVP right away, but that's to weed out the RP-less PVP whores), but we put more of an emphasis in joking around and being incompetent (yet recently most of enforcing the law has fallen to us). Link in sig.

Read my RP stories. And most importantly, click the link at the bottom of my sig, the "Free Advertising" one. It's a great tool to find good RP without sifting through all the bilge around here.

All-in-all, welcome man. Hope your stay is enjoyable.
Indeed. For a good unlawful faction, try anything else but the corsairs. The facts we already have too many corsairs (mostly about capships), that if you really like RP you will hate your corsair homeworld due to massive oorp presence, etc, is just enough reason for going anywhere else...

Welcome to server, and beware communist penguins.
Welcome to Discovery!

Well, that introduction of yours looks very promising in my humble opinion! Oh, and since you asked for help and tips, why not try Xoria's almighty thread of wisdom?

Though, as you seemingly already had a read through the forums, you might have seen it already. Doesn't harm to read it twice though;)

Fly safe, drink tea and, most importantly, have fun:)

PS: oh, and you don't have to listen to Zapp and his incredibly spontaneous recruitment-chatter. Though I have to admit that LPI is awesome (no, not as awesome as BPA!)
*waves shame-baton at Sleipner*
There don't be no faction better than da LPI! We's having fun! 'Specially yesterday in Conn. That was fun!

/shameless recruiting

Anywho, welcome to Discovery! You've already met Zapp, he's the resident nutcase today.
LPI be da suckerz. Join the SA! :P

Enjoy your stay in this madhouse. :crazy:
Oi! Welcome to Disco!:P
Greetings Pilot

Welcome to Discovery
Enjoy yuor time here have funn

----
Pages: 1 2