Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Locking Topics with Flood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Currently it looks like the Percentage of Topics locked in Flood keeps raising per Day. Some Time ago Flood was a "Forum with almost no Moderation" and now it is just "Forum for the posting of random and lulzy thoughts. This forum is not moderated for off topic content."

People ask random Questions in there, I don't get why these are locked. They are asking for a quick Answer without writing a Wall of Text and possibly create yet another Poopstorm-Discussion in the Rule, General Role-Play or General Mod Forum.

In short: Less Locks more Fun. You're ruining Flood.
I agree.
I agree too... lot of simple questions end up getting clustercrapped into massive discussions about things that never will be fixed...
I've been locking a crapload of threads in flood, that's true. So? If y'all will notice, I have primarilly been locking non-flood threads that were posted in flood. I even made a thread adressing it. http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=116926&hl=

I see your complaint & I raise you one panoramic view: Is it really too much to ask that people try harder to maintain the forum structure? Really?

Ima clear up a misconception that a number of people hold. Flood has always & will always be moderated. Period. The wording was changed to help clear up that misconseption, so read it again. what it means is what it says. We will not moderate a flood thread that goes off topic. We will moderate for any other reason as we deem necessary. If a second third or fourth opinion is needed, we will discuss the best course of action both on & off site as needed before taking action, but many threads don't need that & get locked on sight.That's the reality as it has always been. If the fantasy of how flood is dealt with conflicts with the reality of how flood is dealt with in a person's mind irks them, then this may come off as a rude awakening, when in fact, it shouldn't be.
It's due to the sheer volume of it's use.
Flood is not for srs bznss.
' Wrote:Flood is not for srs bznss.
Don't take topics posted in flood too seriously.
Flood is for flood. Question forums are for questions.
' Wrote:Flood is not for srs bznss.
What's serious about a Question like: Who can fly a Bison? or Where can I get the new Renzu Liner?

Flood always was a random Forum, for random Threads. Questions like that are quickly answered and then vanish to Page 3 or 4, then are completely forgotten. Now Flood always has about 5 locked Threads on the first Page what looks better, a random Question or half the Threads being locked?

What I mean with that Thread and more importantly this Feedback: There is too much Moderation in Flood.

' Wrote:Flood is for flood. Question forums are for questions.
If you want to take Names seriously, then all Questions have to be in the Help Requests and Flood is only about Water.

Also Marburg, what I did not understand. Why do you post a Moderator's Notice in General Discussion, a Place that has nothing to do with Flood. What about the Forum Structure? :nono:Better put it in Flood itself.
' Wrote:What's serious about a Question like: Who can fly a Bison? or Where can I get the new Renzu Liner?
What makes them flood worthy when a question like that is better placed in for example, RP GD?
' Wrote:Flood always was a random Forum, for random Threads.
100% true. However, If a question about where to buy ships pops into somebody's head at random, that does not qualify for flood. If there is an ID question posted ontop of 4 flood games, that doesn't make it random either.
' Wrote:Questions like that are quickly answered and then vanish to Page 3 or 4, then are completely forgotten.
Yep. or spammed to hell
' Wrote:Now Flood always has about 5 locked Threads on the first Page what looks better, a random Question or half the Threads being locked?
What looks better, a forum that has better organization so that people can spend less time finding answers they're looking for so that they have more time playing the game or is that time better wasted by sifting through a bunch of lulz to find them?
' Wrote:There is too much Moderation in Flood.
There is too much abuse of flood. Less abuse, less moderation. Simple as that.
' Wrote:Also Marburg, what I did not understand. Why do you post a Moderator's Notice in General Discussion, a Place that has nothing to do with Flood. What about the Forum Structure? :nono:Better put it in Flood itself.
We all know that many people post in flood for the sole reason that it gets a high view count. You're suggesting that the best way to discourage the use of flood as nothing more than a spotlight is to post it in there because it's a spotlight?
Pages: 1 2 3