Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Sanctioned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rijun has been sanctioned for:

Quote:5.9 Disconnecting from the server in a PvP fight to escape, as well as in any other situation that involves player interaction, is not allowed. If you lose server connection during a player interaction, you should get back in game quickly to continue the interaction, with the other player's permission. If that is not possible, then post on the forums and PM the players involved.

Consequences:You F1'd out of an encounter. You had no shield and ship damage so it's not like you didn't know. Since you had so little credits, I removed your guns and armor. Don't do that again.

Link to original report (Admin use only)

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
' Wrote:Rijun has been sanctioned for:
Consequences:You F1'd out of an encounter. You had no shield and ship damage so it's not like you didn't know. Since you had so little credits, I removed your guns and armor. Don't do that again.
Link to original report (Admin use only)

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

Okay...
This is a load of CRAP!

The character was mine. There WAS no contact. I was leaving the game and it would have been no different if I had docked. There was no conversation nothing. There was me logging out and I guess a 90 second hang time which allowed the guy enough time to cover the distance and kill me.

Fine. Keep the guns, keep the armor and KEEP the credits. I'll gladly delete the character. But don't you DARE chastise ME for breaking a rule that does NOT apply.

OR shall I state the PVP rule, since someone obviously thinks it's okay to cruise up to someone departing and kill them and THEN cry out for a sanction.

There was no conversation, no engagement whatsoever... until I guess my bloody computer was off.

If you can show me different I'd REALLY love to see it.

In the meanwhile...

I'll be sure to delete the character. I do not F1 during combat. THERE WAS NO COMBAT.

STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!
' Wrote:Okay...
This is a load of CRAP!

The character was mine. There WAS no contact. I was leaving the game and it would have been no different if I had docked. There was no conversation nothing. There was me logging out and I guess a 90 second hang time which allowed the guy enough time to cover the distance and kill me.

Fine. Keep the guns, keep the armor and KEEP the credits. I'll gladly delete the character. But don't you DARE chastise ME for breaking a rule that does NOT apply.

OR shall I state the PVP rule, since someone obviously thinks it's okay to cruise up to someone departing and kill them and THEN cry out for a sanction.

There was no conversation, no engagement whatsoever... until I guess my bloody computer was off.

If you can show me different I'd REALLY love to see it.

In the meanwhile...

I'll be sure to delete the character. I do not F1 during combat. THERE WAS NO COMBAT.

STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!

I have revisited the rule. I was under the impression that since there was no contact. Meaning we had not exchanged words... that the rule doesn't apply. I have since learned that that is not the case. It doesn't matter whatsoever. I did see him on scanners... he appeared about instantly at about 2.5 km. Which means he must have had a cloaking device. But that isn't the issue.

The issue is I DID F1 in space, as I had learned to do when I am done mining to save time docking. I won't be doing that again. I could have easily hit cruise and gotten away. Or could have just stayed in place and let him do what he needed. Either way...

My anger was that I F1'd out of combat, when there was no combat. I now know better. I won't let my miner hang in space even when there IS no one around. To avoid any chance of this happening again.

I could care less about the ship, credits or the character. It is only the notion that I would F1 during combat.

After arguing with my fellow players over the matter. I find that I am wrong regardless.

I hate to be wrong.

*holds up a fresh crow*

I'll be eating this for awhile.