Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To IMG Board of Directorate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...decryption..in..progress...
...comm.id.mr.Sanguinetti.recognized...uploading data...

Good day there.

Let me skip pleasantries, and get to the point. I was stopped in the Taus by one of -your- pilots and his lackies. I was carrying ridiculously legal cargo while being in a hurry towards an important meeting on Malta. Those ruffians made me to turn from my objective, they didn't even accept my load to make sure I aid your people, and not it's enemies. When I saw how futile reason against such punks, I immediately land in Java station to settle this matter without the barbaric ways of space.

So I have to ask. Is that a separate incident caused by a delusional pilot and bad company, or the new general policy of the Guild? If the first, I hope you wouldn't mind ensuring me from your further good intentions by immediately letting me to pass towards my goal from Java? The Neural-connection here is annoyingly slow. And could you amend the passing clearance with a two million credits compensation for my lost business appointment? Both are welcome on the LH~Short.Circuit .

Also in that case, please ensure me that the pilot of NVG-Tempest was undereducated or otherwise challenged and doesn't worth the creds I'd pay for a bounty.

With best hopes, ~

Amending logs.
Quote:16.01.2012 01:39:18] Ashley.Vaughn: Cut. your. engines.
[16.01.2012 01:39:19] LH~Short.Circuit: What you guys want?
[16.01.2012 01:39:32] LostStar: Your friends with some...interesting cargo...
[16.01.2012 01:40:10] LH~Short.Circuit: By the way, do I see right your contractor is... IMG?
[16.01.2012 01:40:20] Ashley.Vaughn: Yes.
[16.01.2012 01:40:27] LostStar: That's not your business...
[16.01.2012 01:40:46] LH~Short.Circuit: It's hard for me to recognize times when the Guild harassed Hacker transports...
[16.01.2012 01:40:58] LostStar: Tell me....what will you do when you come back from Malta?
[16.01.2012 01:40:58] LH~Short.Circuit: Same way as we don't do it with yours...
[16.01.2012 01:41:07] LH~Short.Circuit: Did the policy change in that manner?
[16.01.2012 01:41:36] MVG-Tempest: Things change when we have constant slave traffic through our system
[16.01.2012 01:41:46] LostStar: Indeed....
[16.01.2012 01:42:01] LostStar: What will you do after you visited Malta, huh?
[16.01.2012 01:42:15] Ashley.Vaughn: Be a gentleman and answer the lady.
[16.01.2012 01:42:15] LH~Short.Circuit: Have sunbath no the beach.
[16.01.2012 01:42:28] LostStar: Aha....
[16.01.2012 01:42:47] LH~Short.Circuit: So, what is it exactly you want from me? Answers I can give while on the way....
[16.01.2012 01:43:04] LostStar: Well...and I guess you get the money for that "holiday" from your nice friends of the slave convoys?
[16.01.2012 01:43:15] MVG-Tempest: Where are you taking your cargo?
[16.01.2012 01:43:42] LH~Short.Circuit: To Malta. And I'm saying the last time... Make your demands, or let me go.
[16.01.2012 01:43:49] Ashley.Vaughn: pff...if he's up here as a hacker, he does move slaves today or tomorrow.
[16.01.2012 01:43:50] Wrong.Way.Street: Possibly.
[16.01.2012 01:44:05] LH~Short.Circuit: I'll have the IMG cover the costs if you really make me do so.
[16.01.2012 01:44:11] LostStar: Your demand is...turn around and don't go to Malta...every single thing they can't get...is a good thing.
[16.01.2012 01:44:13] MVG-Tempest: Hmm a pirate consorting with more pirates. I think thats all the grounds we need
[16.01.2012 01:44:36] Ashley.Vaughn: What the lady said. Turn around.
[16.01.2012 01:44:55] LH~Short.Circuit: What? There is no choice. i have a meeting there.
[16.01.2012 01:45:01] LH~Short.Circuit: How about my supplies?
[16.01.2012 01:45:03] Ashley.Vaughn: Post pone it.
[16.01.2012 01:45:11] Ashley.Vaughn: Not interested.
[16.01.2012 01:45:16] LH~Short.Circuit: I won't support your enemy with that. How's that sounds?
[16.01.2012 01:45:26] LostStar: And I don't think, that you want to support the slave market on Malta, huh?
[16.01.2012 01:45:33] LH~Short.Circuit: Fine.
[16.01.2012 01:45:58] LH~Short.Circuit: I'll make my stay on Java station then, until this matter gets sorted out.
[16.01.2012 01:46:19] LostStar: Your selfish tries to get out of this situation is quite poor....especially after that convoy of slaves...
[16.01.2012 01:46:32] Ashley.Vaughn: How about not docking on java for now?
[16.01.2012 01:46:46] LH~Short.Circuit: Feel free to do with any evidence to do what you must.
[16.01.2012 01:46:56] Traffic control alert: LH~Short.Circuit has requested to dock
[16.01.2012 01:47:07] /time
[16.01.2012 01:47:07] 2012-01-16 01:47:06 SMT
...encryption.in.progress...hack terminated...
**** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ****

**** SENDER: [color=#FFCC99]Jack Henderson, IMG Dublin Operations Coordinator

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]Mr.Sanguinetti

**** ENCRYPTION: HIGH *****
**** VOICE ENABLED ****
**** VIDEO UPLINK ENABLED ****

** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G **

[Image: jack_henderson.jpg]

** CONNECTION ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFULLY **

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

[color=#FFFFFF]
Dear Mr.Sanguinetti,

Allow me to state first that I am relieved that there was no violent argument and express my gratitude for your decision to just dock at Java and call the IMG.

I would like to shed some light on the points you have made, add some knowledge that you cannot have, before reaching out for a solution:

1. There has not been an IMG| pilot involved. What you saw was a Battlecruiser that is known to be IMG affiliated and who works independently, as well as some Vigilante that fly IMG transponder signals.

2. As you well know, independent ships are hard to impossible to control, so the IMG| does not take any responsibility for their actions and cannot be held accountable for their activities. Just think about the independent Hackers that do not care for our mutual understanding. How would you like me calling you every time independent Hackers gun for our transports? Guess, you know what I mean.

3. You likely met not even IMG affiliated employees, but you were intercepted by a newly created Tau Vigilante group. They fly IMG colours, but they are far from our normal miners that you know. Their agenda seems to be the interdiction of cargo that goes to Malta, especially the slave and cardamine trade is what they target viciously.

With these points clarified, I think it's time to work on a solution. Here is what I can offer:
  • The IMG Tau Department will make sure the Vigilante knows about the special relationship between the Lane Hackers and the IMG. Information sometimes is simply lacking, especially as they only operate in the Taus.
  • The Vigilante will be advised to let legal cargo pass if on board of a proper identified Lane Hacker ships.
  • I will personally recommend a "Do not ask questions, look the other way" policy in case of legal transports and docking permission, something that has proven to work in Magellan.
  • I will however not recommend them to leave alone Slave and Cardamine shipments, as the Guild strongly opposes this dirty business and both activities are seen as a threat to our freedom and the life that we have chosen. If the Hackers engage in these activities, do not be seen.
  • The IMG will generally not pay any compensations for any action that non-official IMG committed.
  • However, I have a personal interest as a Dublin Coordinator to keep the Magellan passage as calm as it used to be for my haulers. I also feel your pain of missing important appointments. I hate when it happens. You will find the money on your bank account during the next hours. Look at it as a personal gift of a business partner, not as compensation from the IMG.
  • Docking clearance on IMG bases remains as they have always been: If you cause trouble, if you show a too large profile and draw problems to the base, the IMG will be forced to react sooner or later. Avoid this and keep a low profile and there will be no trouble. It is however not recommended to stop at Java in your way to Malta. I can look the other way, as I am comfortably in Bretonia and care mostly for the safety of my shippings, but the Tau IMG is fighting Outcast to the blood, every day. Just understand that they must have a harder time understanding the advantages of a secret agreement of what to do and what not.

I hope this clear up the incident.

Yours sincerely

Jack Henderson
Dublin IMG Coordinator

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#CCFFFF]*** TRANSMISSION STANDBY FOR ANSWER ***
...hack.initiated...decryption..in..progress...
...comm.id.mr.Sanguinetti.recognized...uploading data...

Thank you Mr Henderson.

I have been hasty. I surely didn't know about such vigilantes out there. Misguided but enthusiastic folk. I was also mislead by a lone ship alongside them with your transmitter ID. If I also see the mentioned warship, I'd probably connected the dots. Hope our further encounters with them will be similarly peaceful.

You are right about independence. It was just so... unexpected. Will not happen again. But I understand the point, I can't say a word in that matter. It's joyful to think about that regardless of such atrocities, the fruitful relation between our organizations exist. I hope you forgive my rudeness. I must be grateful that neither of us did overreact the situation.

Will be in touch.

...encryption.in.progress...hack terminated...
**** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ****

**** SENDER: [color=#FFCC99]Jack Henderson, IMG Dublin Operations Coordinator

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]Mr.Sanguinetti

**** ENCRYPTION: HIGH *****
**** VOICE ENABLED ****
**** VIDEO UPLINK ENABLED ****

** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G **

[Image: jack_henderson.jpg]

** CONNECTION ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFULLY **

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

[color=#FFFFFF]
Dear Mr. Sanguinetti,

no need to apologize or regret what has happened, as nothing has happened in reality.

We all know that sometimes in the heat of the moment words are spoken that are not meant the way they are said. I am prone to that phenomenon of hot-headedness, too. I think pretty much everybody is, given the right circumstances.

The Vigilantes have been informed and I do not expect any further incidents of this kind to occur.

Good luck, Mr. Sanguinetti on your flights.

Yours sincerely

Jack Henderson
Dublin IMG Coordinator

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#CCFFFF]*** TRANSMISSION STANDBY FOR ANSWER ***