Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gallic turrets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If it isn't already planned or even in development, could we PLEASE get
Gallic Small Transport Turrets,
Gallic "Cerberus"-like Battleship Turrets,
Gallic "Cerberus"-like Cruiser Turrets,
uhm...did I miss one?

Anyway, can we please get those turrets?
The green style just doesn't fit on Gallic ships.
off course we could, if someone models them.

There are quite a lot of turrets models that could be replaced, but somehow modellers are much more keen to submit ships.
The green style doesn't really fit on anything but Rheinland tbh. Gallia is not the only one in need of new turrets, yano?
Well, of course.
But the Cerberus turret only needs a little retexturing for other houses. I think the overall model can fit on any house-ship. What's also needed is another effect for every different house (Rheinland, Liberty, Bretonia, Kusari, Gallia) - and a "basic" one.

The Gallic STT needs a model, yes. For effect a GB or Cruiser turret shot effect could do maybe?

If I could do it, I would, but I can't. :|

EDIT:
Or could you at least change the Transport Turret Type 3 to a smaller model, it's a bit big on almost all transports?
I guess I could give some of my modelling time to disco, but some people would end up finding something to complain about even when it comes to turrets.
' Wrote:I guess I could give some of my modelling time to disco, but some people would end up finding something to complain about even when it comes to turrets.
So? "/set ignore on" It works wonders.:cool:
Quote:Cerberus-type turrets are manufactured in Rheinland and are available throughout all Sirius. Cerberus turrets deal more damage then custom turrets, but consume more energy.

Cerberus are Rheinland production, color: Green

I am really wondering why Gallia is allowed to use them since they are not from Sirius. Even if they get some from a black market, junkers or something else, its still strange.
' Wrote:I guess I could give some of my modelling time to disco, but some people would end up finding something to complain about even when it comes to turrets.
People like me? :O
Complaining <-> giving feedback.
But yes, most stuff can be ignored, when people start complaining.

' Wrote:Cerberus are Rheinland production, color: Green

I am really wondering why Gallia is allowed to use them since they are not from Sirius. Even if they get some from a black market, junkers or something else, its still strange.
Oh please, it may be produced in Rheinland, but going by our current technerf stuff, that should mean all BS using Cerbs should be nerfed. And also, how does Liberty get the weapons then? Or, as you already asked, Gallia? Gallia would also rather develop something of their own, based on the Cerb-tech, than just using the Cerbs. I suspect issues with hard points and power (cores).
I will not accept this excuse for not having fitting turrets for the other houses.

EDIT:
Recycling the Gallic station turrets model for STTs would be an idea. Just resize them and they would fit. Of course a new model more fitting with the transports would even be nicer though.
Okay. I know this is a double post but meh.

How about someone retextures the Cerb models to be fitting for the respective house...
For shot effect use the 4.85 effects the heavy turrets had (or if there are more fitting vanilla effects, use them). You'd at least have Cerbs for every vanilla house then.
Just a Gallic and a Basic one would be missing though...

Hm...Just wish there was house-specific stuff like with the SNACs.
Eh, you learn to ignore the whiners, eventually...

Yea, we could use a few more turret models. Guns too.

[edit] And yea, the Gallic Cerby would need a different name and spit blue balls instead of greens. Easy enough to do the effect.
Pages: 1 2