Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dear Pirates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
***===]]] Posted at stations sirius wide, sponsored by [IND]Philanthrophy [[[===***

Attention Pirates of Sirius.

Just some simple maths for you that might improve your turnover.

If the total worth of my trading vessel, guns and merchandise comes to 10 mil, asking me for 40mil is pointless.
Even a 10 mil 'discount' is unrealistic.
If I had 40 mil I wouldnt be flying a 5 mil vessel now would I?

It's far cheaper to let you destroy my vessel while I eject my pod, escape and purchase another brand new ship than to pay you the Ludicrous amount you have requested.

So the clever thing to do is to request a tax that I can actually pay... maybe then, being able to pay the tax, I might be actually pay you... and i gladly pay...

Unless of course your desire is merely to murder me...

Well thats an entirely different matter.

If that is your real motive then i apologise for the inconvenience of this advice.

Thank you.

[IND]Philanthrophy
Whos asking for 40 mill?
Now, it tends to happen to the IND, because of their penchant to fly around with a billion.3 credits...but anyway, its highway robbery, and I thought the Ind had a rather dangerous defense wing to handle that...My suggestion, as always, is to bounty them....a bit later, after you've settled into a large transport of some kind. We traders make money, we make all the money. Show the pirates how out gunned they are by a simple wad of cash.
Quite honestly I enjoy the RP between Pirate and trader... this post is more about boosting that aspect than complaining about an incident.

Usually I pay a couple of mercs and bounty hunters to make that person's life a bit miserable.. heh heh

Just thought it had to be said is all.
How bout real pirates? Pirates don't need money, they need supplies... so you see a train full of side arms.. make him drop a bunch for you and your buddies.

Its unreasonable to assume a simple corporate trader would have that kind of money. (the company does, but he doesnt carry it in his wallet)
QCP does that...demands dropped cargo with a percheron or 2 sitting by. Thing is, people simply dumb flat out refuse to play along as if they were actually there...refuse to give up a load and turn back, or whatnot...I would, if asked, but I'm bored of regular trading..that sort of twist would have me thinking about the RP of it for a while.

The key, I guess, would to prove to pirates that they can make a profit doing that.
Asking someone to drop their cargo does not work, trust me, the Xeno Alliance requests cargo and as yet we have had 0 drops, nada, no-one has bothered and then they've complained over PM's about being blown up.

Deep joy.

As for 40mil tax, someone just wanted to blow you up, nobody asks for that kind of cash and expects to get it.
' Wrote:Asking someone to drop their cargo does not work, trust me, the Xeno Alliance requests cargo and as yet we have had 0 drops, nada, no-one has bothered and then they've complained over PM's about being blown up.

Deep joy.

As for 40mil tax, someone just wanted to blow you up, nobody asks for that kind of cash and expects to get it.

Some Xenos asked me for some of my Luxury Foods (steaks) for the starving children once. I dropped enough for him to carry away, and he was happy. That was by far my best RPing with pirates to date. (If this was one of your boys, I congratulate him)
haha.. yeah.. I've dropped military vehicles and small arms for pirates before.. very cool.. feels almost like something that could really happen...
I got caught with Superconductors in Colorado by the Xeno Jeanne once, and she made me drop all of 'em...

I enjoyed that quite much...
// post has been made OORP

Alright the one that taxed you 40 mil must be killed, thats just oorp. I myself taxed 500K till 1 mil. And I even find that OORP as you don't ask a tax of $500.000,- in real life (if you tax)

Now I only speak of myself, and I only count as one (independant) Liberty Rouge. I don't need money indeed, I got my ship I got my weapons I'm all good. So I'm going to make my taxations even more Role Play. You can compare it with the LPI with gife parkin tickets of $5,- credits. Now I will ask a tax of $100,- maybe $200,- credits (or do you guys think thats still not realistic?)

I never really demanded cargo, but I'll even start doing that. Reason I post this is in the hope that more pirates will do this (or some sort) Of course if a pirate needs money, go tax 1 or 2 million (depending on players ship and level) When I was in need of money the player told me he didn't had 500K and that he only had 100K left, so I toke that as a payment.. pirates should understand those people more aswell.

FT.

PS: Demanding all cargo is just silly and oorp..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7