Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corsairs and liberty rogues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Why corsairs and rogues on infocards are stated as enemies?

They do not even meet each other. And are far from each other's zone of influence. Besides, why rogues wouldn't want to profit from artifact trade in liberty, trying to seize some of the market from junkers? After all those guys would smuggle their own mother if they would profit from that.
Rouges are allied with outcast and outcast's hate Corsairs
The only reason I can find is that faction infocards are vastly outdated and inacurrate.

' Wrote:Rouges are allied with outcast and outcast's hate Corsairs
I think we all know this isn't how Disco diplomacy works.
Back in the day when Del was running the LR we did some diplomatic rp between the LR and TBH.
Outcasts are only "allied" with the Rogues, because of the Cardamine smuggling. That's all.
Rogues are rather unfriendly to any other Outcast vessel except for transports/freighters carrying Cardamine for them.

So that doesn't count.

Another thing is, that the Rogues have a good dimplomacy with the Red Hessian, who transport Blood Diamonds to Liberty.
They even do convoys together.

And Corsairs <-> Hessians... well.
' Wrote:Outcasts are only "allied" with the Rogues, because of the Cardamine smuggling. That's all.
Rogues are rather unfriendly to any other Outcast vessel except for transports/freighters carrying Cardamine for them.

So that doesn't count.

Another thing is, that the Rogues have a good dimplomacy with the Red Hessian, who transport Blood Diamonds to Liberty.
They even do convoys together.

And Corsairs <-> Hessians... well.

Junkers ship all kind of stuff as well. And? This doesn't explain anything.

This would make sense if rogues are puppets controlled by outcast hand. But it doesn't really seem so. Besides, outcasts do not have that much of interests in liberty as far as I remember. I mean something else apart from protecting their cardi shipments which is pretty much done by rogue own discretion as far as I know.

Also, Hessians hates cardi and don't really like outcasts. So that doesn't prove much. What is shows is that rogues can ship all kind of matarial from diffrent factions despite their diplomatic standing. That should include artifacts as well.

So what's with this messed up "enemy" thing?
' Wrote:Junkers ship all kind of stuff as well. And? This doesn't explain anything.

This would make sense if rogues are puppets controlled by outcast hand. But it doesn't really seem so. Besides, outcasts do not have that much of interests in liberty as far as I remember. I mean something else apart from protecting their cardi shipments which is pretty much done by rogue own discretion as far as I know.

Also, Hessians hates cardi and don't really like outcasts. So that doesn't prove much. What is shows is that rogues can ship all kind of matarial from diffrent factions despite their diplomatic standing. That should include artifacts as well.

So what's with this messed up "enemy" thing?

Don't know it then. It's the same for Lane Hackers...
The Rog/Sair diplomatic is just another remnant of the Vanilla lore. I see no point in changing it, even if Rogs aren`t in a close relationship with the Casts anymore, why would they want to be with the Corsairs?
' Wrote:The Rog/Sair diplomatic is just another remnant of the Vanilla lore. I see no point in changing it, even if Rogs aren`t in a close relationship with the Casts anymore, why would they want to be with the Corsairs?

Make money? Be the most powerful smuggling organization in Sirius?
' Wrote:The Rog/Sair diplomatic is just another remnant of the Vanilla lore. I see no point in changing it, even if Rogs aren`t in a close relationship with the Casts anymore, why would they want to be with the Corsairs?

No-one is saying to be -with- the corsairs. Only about not being enemies of the corsairs. And you know that you don't trade with enemies.

The reasons they are enemies: ... none I could think of.
Reasons to be neutral: profit from trade. Rogues gets one more good to ship and takes away artifact monopoly from junkers. Sairs: more profit as well.

Yes, indeed it's more lorewise thing which won't have that much effect on actuall gameplay. But who knows maybe this might be a window to some kind of rp later. So why to leave it closed?
Pages: 1 2 3 4