Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "rebalancing" Bouty Hunter NPCs ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bouty Hunters are supposed to be non-uniformed as they try to make their own business and not to join any police force. nonetheless they fly around uniformed: same fighters, monotone weaponary and allways in clean squads. now my question is: should'nt they be more maverick? when you leave a jumphole in theta and gamma its _crowded_ with boutyhunters. squads of 5 ships appear there every time - strictly organised.

how about making them a little unoranised and more independent? how about only one or two ships max, with advanced weaponary and upgraded armor, for each patroll? they come quite arround in sirius - why not even give the NPCs 1-2 codenames (nochting to loot of course)? why shouldnt the equipment of thse guys be more sophisticated?

i think they should only team up in bombers if they have to fight battleships. if this is not the case, they should be trying to do as many thing on there own as possible, to avoid splitting the bounty.
Bounty Hunters are supposed to be somewhat organized, I think. Each Hunter is in the Guild and the Guildmaster is supposed to assign each one or each group a bounty. I don't see how they can be unorganized if they're part of a Sirius-wide Guild.
you are right, BHGs should only be loosly affiliated to the same guild - but mainly work for themselves. - but the gameengine doesn t make any difference there. - so the BHGs are simply identical to the police or military. - the script is the same.

only thing that may differ is the stuff they are looking for when they scan you. - but giving each NPC faction a real and appropriate "personality" won t work, i think. - so.. since its not possible, just think of the BHGs in the omicrons as grouped up cause they face a strong enemy. they re flying pretty weak ships anyway. the hammerhead is a good ship, no doubt. - but it would fit more when the omicron BHGs were flying mantas with 14k shields and buckshots rather than hammerheads with lvl9 shields and a mixture of reavers and buckshots.
hm - i was basicly just asking to replace the 5-head patrol with a 1- or 2-headed one with stronger ships. i mean, Boutyhunters appear in masses all over sirius. thats my main point besides of the need of a higher degree of sophistication.
nothing too complex.
Heres how you join BH

You dump your friends for credits, kill a Corsair buddy and run away.

Guild buys you ship, equipment, weapons and finds you some sort of quarters. You have to work for the Guild untill you pay it off.
The bounty hunter's guild is highly organized. They also have a pack mentality, as the most important thing to them is getting rich and surviving. These are mostly people((NPC's)) that were too cowardly or just couldn't deal with being a pirate for whatever reason. They prowl the Omicron's in packs because every single one of them betrayed someone very powerful, and if alone would be murdered very quickly. A bounty hunter has absolutely no friends outside the houses, and usually the houses don't really like them either, they just put up with them because they are good at taking care of problems the houses don't want to deal with. If they landed on a freeport alone, or even in a small group, odds are the pirates that are on that freeport would kill them very quickly.
Yea, which is why I get dock-raped by 8 BHG's every time I take off from a freeport....

Anyway Why is right, just because BHG's are supposed to be "independent" doesn't mean they don't hang out in packs. Makes sense.
I think the primary issue that we have with the Freelancer bounty hunters is that they are not like the ones that we are used to. The ones that we are used to are independent, highly trained killers. The Boba Fett kind. The Freelancer bounty hunters seem to be more like a pack of corrupt scum kept in line only by other corrupt scum with bigger guns.
:DEveryone who hasnt had a Bounty put on their heads by the main Houses, lawful trading groups, mining organisations, and any other borderline criminal faction, :rolleyes:just love the BHG.
Remember the BHG dont post :nono:bounties, they just collect them. :cool: