Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Riddle78 Reporting!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well,I'm new. I beat the vanilla campaign (the Anubis sucked...I think a Baracuda would outperform it) and discovered that tooling around in Singleplayer would be boring,since beyond the campaign,the only goal in single player would be to procure Class 10 weapons and ships that can mount said weapons...

So,I hear about Discovery. I hear it's essentially Freelancer's sequel/expansion pack. I check the wiki,and discover that,on paper,it rocks all sorts of socks. Pilotable warships? Fun. Anti-capitol ship single-craft? Clever balance. Role Playing emphasis? Nothing else matters.

So,after checking up on the rules and the wiki (Lawl's Syndrome on the wiki I found particularly entertaining) I was left with MANY questions. Like...Character creation. How exactly do I set up a Character on the server? And get an ID? I very nearly made a blind connection to the server and risked a near-instant perma-ban for being an utter dolt. To clarify,no I didn't actually connect.

So,in short,hello! And how do I get started?
Well, I'm not gonna post much right now 'cause I'm in a rush but I will say this:

Discover. There is no 'way' to start, really. Jump in, maybe mine a little in the fields of Penn, and once you feel that you have a strong enough ship to explore with (remember, light fighters and such can be safe to explore with if you just dodge), go out and do just that. Go to different houses. Rheinland is on the right, Liberty in the middle, Bretonia on the left, Kusari to the north and plenty of other goodies even further and along the way. Find a place you like, maybe explore the different factions and their lore.

Also, you could probably even try just asking to join someone's faction or apply in a thread on these forums. I'm sure the faction guys will help ya out.
Hiya! Welcome! Hop on, plod around Pennsylvania, get a feel for it.
Earn some money too! It's good practice.

When you feel confident, venture out of Penn. Just remember not to speak out of character in local or system. Learn things that are new to multiplayer such as trade requests, interaction, chat commands and all the joyous things that come with FLHook magic (Type /help - that green text stuff is all FLHook).

If you'd like, I can hop on with you now and show you around!

As for naming a character, just don't make it silly and you'll be fine.
And when I say silly I mean ridiculous or offensive. Riddle, for example, would be fine.

So, want to hop on and discover the server with me?

Edit: And get Skype too! You'll find it's very helpful when it comes to communicating with people out of the game.
G'day bud,

I don't have much more to say than what Champ has just discussed, other than read up on
factions in this server. There are many different genres and all have their unique point of
interest and can cater to a variety of desired role play story paths.

You can check out these factions (I know, there is multitudes of them!) and discover what there is for you out there.

Understand the rules, how things work and most importantly, role play no matter your situation, and I can guarantee you'll find your niche in this community.

So welcome :yahoo:

~Altejago~
' Wrote:Hiya! Welcome! Hop on, plod around Pennsylvania, get a feel for it.
Earn some money too! It's good practice.

When you feel confident, venture out of Penn. Just remember not to speak out of character in local or system. Learn things that are new to multiplayer such as trade requests, interaction, chat commands and all the joyous things that come with FLHook magic (Type /help - that green text stuff is all FLHook).

If you'd like, I can hop on with you now and show you around!

As for naming a character, just don't make it silly and you'll be fine.
And when I say silly I mean ridiculous or offensive. Riddle, for example, would be fine.

So, want to hop on and discover the server with me?

Edit: And get Skype too! You'll find it's very helpful when it comes to communicating with people out of the game.

Sure! I have a Skype account,but I forgot all login credentials,and for some reason can't make another account. However,I do have Steam and MSN. Awaiting reply,and mayhaps the Server IP. I noticed several Discovery Servers on the list.
Skype is the game's unofficial chat medium because of its group functions. Order chat has like 40+ people in it for example.

If you need help in anything, add me at oganalp.canatan over skype and i ll try to assist you.
You saying that you find funny the Lawl's Syndrome article in the wiki is already a good credential to apply to any of the exisiting factions. If you avoid what is listed on that article, I am sure you will find yourself being startup-boosted in a good faction before you can say '1 mill or dai'.
Welcome aboard, have fun.

If you have more question be sure to get yourself into the Discohelpchannel-skype group or contact an [The_Angels] tagged player ingame.
Welcome! One more thing you should know and that is helpful are the "/restart ..."s you can type that in and for the ... Any of the houses including corsair, outcast, Freelancer and miner. They give you more cash and explore most of the map for you.