Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Extreme Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, some of you have seen this first hand (points at KNF vs QCRF fight...) but I have been getting terrible lag as of late. Outside of a fight it's only occasional yellow, once I get in a fight with 2-4 people, constant yellow. I can fight 1on1...barely, then 5-10 people...red solid.

I have run a trace and found the server causing the trouble. A place called Telia.net in Stolckholm. Telia gives me about 400 ping for most of the hops. I contacted my ISP and they redirected me to the local cable provider. They said they couldn't reroute around because they can't access Telia's servers. I have limited knownledge when it comes to these things, so I need help.
Any chance you could get hold of Telia on this?
I went to Telia's site and found the source of your problem.

http://www.telia.se/privat/kundservice/tel...se_aktuelltprv1

All info seems to in Swedish.

Ok. the very rough translation (my Swedish ain't the most perfect one). Telia and Cogent (the US ISP) connections are broke for some customers. They are rerouting traffic (I venture a guess that is causing your lag) and don't know when it's gonna be fixed. So the only option seems to be to wait this out.

The problem started on Thursday 13th of March 23.00 (GMT+1).

Someone fluent in Swedish could bail my arse out by providing a good translation.
Try WorldLingo.
Here comes a translation:

Information about closed connections between Telia and Cogent

Some connections has been closed between TeliaSonera International Carrier and the american ISP Cogent. Here you will find information about the cause and what is done to fix the problem.
What has happened?
On Thursday the 13:th of March at 23.00, Cogent closed the connections between TeliaSonera International Carrier (TSIC) and themself. As a effect, some of Telia's customers will not be able to reach some of Cogent's customers due to the disconnection.
Why has the problem come up?
It has to do with a peering-contract
When will the problem be solved?
We can't say when the problem will be solved, but the major part of the traffic will be redirected.
Which customers will be affected?
You will only be affected if you try to visit a site that don't have an "alternative route", ie. it can only be reached via Telia or Cogent. This is a very limited amout of sites.
Have you redirected traffic or will you do it?
TeliaSonera Internation Carrier have no way to redirect peering-traffic.
Is this the first time Telia have had problems with Cogent?
Yes, that's correct
Man, at least you are in yellow lag. I was in a 2 vs 2 fight, and was in red lagg, all the time. I pressed for nano, that it NEVER gave me the blasted nanos, no matter how many time I pushed the button! - and that is how I died...
Ok then, unless someone here can contact the company for me I guess I will wait it out. Thanks for the translations guys!
Ok I got rerouted to Sprintlink. The lag is nearly perfect, until about the 18th, 19th, and 20th hop. Then it gets to 250+ in some pings, all the way to 450 ping. Any ideas on fixing this would be wonderful.