Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Official factions; I think you should restrict capships much less.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
First, let me say that I will not be... <strike>Directly affected </strike>. That I do not own any battleships, and only 1 destroyer.

Official factions restrict capship usage in their ranks, however, this does not reduce the number of capships on the server, or instate a more realistic rank-to-ship system. All it does is make those who want to fly capships play as indies. Official factions (and those trying to make deals with official factions) very often complain that indies are hard to control, as they are not in their player faction. However the restrictions of capships is one of the main reasons for all these indis, causing an odd and unrealistic split, especially in house militaries.

And it is not just "keeping idiots out of the official faction" many indis RP well, and hard, some even going so far as to make their own indi factions to fly capships, such as the BRF. There is nothing wrong with their RP, they just dont want to want to wait all the time it takes to be able to fly a capship in the official faction.

So how does forcing those who dont want to wait to fly a capship, to be indis, and inRP some sort of "reserve/split/who knows what, fleet" that cant be controlled by the military, and should apparently just be ignored for RP deals, even though we're also supposed to RP that anyone with that ID is a LN (for instance), improve server RP?
Simply: It doesnt.

Therefore, I would ask all official factions to make it much easier and shorter for players to get capitol ships in their factions.

For new players I would suggest getting several shared ships of each capitol class - GB/dessie/BS in the faction, and in the first week, letting the new Player try out the GBs under supervision, if they fly and RP them properly, at the end of a week, they get free reign over the shared GBs,/get to make their own. For the second week they get the same with cruisers, and the third week, the Battleships.
This means that a new recruit could have a gunbaot in a week, a cruiser in a fortnight, and a Battleship in 3 weeks, IF, he behaved responsibly in the trial periods.
For indis (who already had caps before this) joining; I think they should undergo a week evaluation period, and if they RPd with their capitol ship sensibly, they should be allowed to join with it.

I believe, this would massively reduce the number of indies, who only stay indies because they want capitol ships, but dont want to wait for ages, bolster official factions, and provide them with an influx of new good RPers, aswel as teaching noobs valuble lessons.

Also I know many official factions do have shared caps, and thats good, and I appreciate that. Im just asking for more sharing, and less restrictions.

Yes, I realize having this proportion of caps in the faction may not be very realistic, but it is more realistic, and much easier to RP, than STILL having all these caps, and having them as the split fleet known as "indies". Bear in mind that the npcs in snubs can make up the proportions to the cap ships. You could also say that the capship pilots have to have a snub ship too.

I have been wanting to say this for a while, but wasnt confident that I could word it correctly, and come across clearly. what do you think?
<strike>I don't want to have some committee deciding what I can fly when and where

Especially if your on it</strike>

I mis-read the proposal. My bad.
I like the idea and I think it could work.

' Wrote:I don't want to have some committee deciding what I can fly when and where

Especially if your on it
Read before replaying.
' Wrote:I don't want to have some committee deciding what I can fly when and where

Especially if your on it

<strike>That's quite rude.</strike> Nvm yr entitled to yr opinion of me.

But being told what to do (within sensible limitations) is what the military is all about, and I wouldnt be on it.

Im not a capuser, or official faction commander.
' Wrote:But being told what to do (within sensible limitations) is what the military is all about
This isn't the military its a space shoot-em-up

As the leader of a faction whose flagship was stolen, there is no WAY we would share caps with people we dont know.
Thats a valid concern, that I didnt think of, and yr right, some folks MAY be wiling to wait through 3 weeks of evaluation, all the time pretending to be nice, in order to steal a battleship.

I'm not sure how to solve this, apart from extend the evaluation period, to one the faction leaders would feel was enough to know for sure that the recruit was trustworthy, which may defeat the entire point.
Or just scrap the shared ship part, and have them buy their own boat/dessie/BS, which means less encouragement to join the faction rather than being an indi. And makes it harder for them to be evaluated trying out the ship, before they ar allowed to use caps.

An idea to stop this would be to ask the admins to "lock" said shared ships, so they can neither be moved to a different account or sold, but I'm against this, as it prevents "stealing RP" which I believe is as valid as piracy RP.

What do you think?
I think many players would be willing to join an official faction and provide their own BS if they could use it after only 3 weeks, since then they'd be able to pewpew transport ships.

Wait, that's not a good thing?
' Wrote:I think many players would be willing to join an official faction and provide their own BS if they could use it after only 3 weeks, since then they'd be able to pewpew transport ships.

Wait, that's not a good thing?
Wait. How exactly they'd be able to pewpew transports with bs/cruisers.

I like the idea very much. This is the only reason i didnt join any official factions. That will definitely reduce the number of indie caps by good percentage.

Also sharing ship will not be good idea. Indies have to invest thier own money if they wish to join official faction with caps.

Its an honour.
I think it's funny that everyone assumes all official factions heavily restrict cap ship use. I cant think of a single member of the TBH who has asked for cap that I did not say yes to.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7