Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, Discovery Gaming Community.

I've recently convinced a console gamer friend of mine (on the server as "demondope") to give multiplayer PC gaming a go (his computer's basically functioned as a console you can copy games for), so he's now got Steam installed, and we've bought multiple copies of lots of multiplayer games and got voice comms set up. His brother, years back, played vanilla Freelancer online and thoroughly enjoyed it, so demondope and I got a couple of copies off Amazon. Shooting things in space and persistent servers! Fantastic.

Googling brought us to the-starport.net, which told us that there was only one remaining busy Freelancer server (this one), that required a mod to run. Download, install, join. Space!

Only after a few hours of play do I find the Wiki, see the bit about IDs and the "RP" article, and rush back into game to tell demondope to stop buying guns IMMEDIATELY. He's still got a cigarette lighter installed on his ship that we think needs a different ID, and I'm concerned that I'm in the wrong colour spaceship for pilots between 5' 10" and 6'.

That's the long winded way of saying we're appalling, appalling noobs. I saw one of the other introduction threads, where the new player was getting plaudits for having done his research and understanding the RP requirements before diving in and getting in everybody's way, so I guess that me and demondope have gone for the most irritating way for new players to join the server that you put so much effort into - that is, cluelessly. It seems like a superb setup you guys have here and we're intending to figure everything out and get stuck in properly, but, yeah - for the next few days at least, if your enormous system-spanning space cruiser battle is briefly interrupted by a wildly out of control low-level starter ship, we apologise profusely in advance.

I'm in game under this name, so give us a wave in passing.

All the best,

Eduardo del Mango (Learner driver, 2nd Class)

PS to Albert.Smith - it turned out OK. Got the $299,999.99 Turtle Wax and just about all of it buffed out. Cheers!
Don't worry too much about diving in.

So long as you don't go actively irritating people, killing randomly, or speaking with 'lol' and whatnot, you'll be fine. Just start the learning and the curve will take care of itself:)

Oh, and if you need help or clarification or anything, just post a help request in the right section:D
See you around!
Most people are willing to give the benefit of the doubt. If you have questions in game, just use /tell or frame them in a way that can be answered in role play. Other than that, enjoy learning the game.
Hola there newcomer, welcome to the forums.

Likewise as Maelstrom said, if you have any questions don't be a stranger.

Also read the rules in ful:P.
Welcome aboard, I hope you will have a lot of fun here.

There is also a Discovery Help Channel on Skype, where you can get help and [The_Angels] tagged ships ingame will help you with every question you have.
Yo. Welcome to our crezi community, enjoy your stay.
Welcome...welcome!
Welcome! Always happy to see besieging join the community!
Welcome to the nuthouse. Watch out for crazy homicidal AI and crazed Outcast looking to experiment on your brains.

~Leo
You look like a nice, understanding chap. Im sure you'll figure things out in no-time.

Welcome.
Pages: 1 2