Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ask For Translate Permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The reputation of Chinese moder is poor due to their theft and plagiarism.
We'll fix it.
Discovery have lots of fans in China but most of them know little English. And some "plagiarize-485-mod"s are such fashionable between Chinese players. Even more than their origin "discovery".
We want fix that, too.
If we can't make a version which is known as "Discovery(Chinese version)". Many people who made other mods with translate your mod will name their products as their new creations.
We think that you want fix them. So do we.
So we want to create the Chinese version. So we need your permission to get licenses to copy your mod.
After get licenses. We'll start organize our team to start our work.
Thanks.
We promise our work and production will not be used for any commerce, political or profit application.
:rtfm:

(BUT......We don't sure we can find enough manpower......We can't promise our work will must be finished. We'll notice you in the first time if we really do it.)
I think the new content can be translated (infocards stuff ?) and I don't see why anyone would be against it. I wish you lots of luck because I know working with infocards is a tideous task, very long and not so easy.

If you don't know how to edit infocards to translate items and texts into chinese, I'm sure a dev could show you how to do that.
' Wrote:I think the new content can be translated (infocards stuff ?) and I don't see why anyone would be against it. I wish you lots of luck because I know working with infocards is a tideous task, very long and not so easy.

If you don't know how to edit infocards to translate items and texts into chinese, I'm sure a dev could show you how to do that.
Thanks for your comprehension.:yahoo:
We just want to confirm from you to avoid any possible dispute or controversy. Now we'll start our first step to group enough manpower for translate work(hmm......large text length need large number of translaters, you know...).
By the way. ;)It's "tedious task".
Oh, don't worry about text-files editions. Although i don't know how to do but...urr...We have engineer about that. He can settle it.
' Wrote:Thanks for your comprehension.:yahoo:
We just want to confirm from you to avoid any possible dispute or controversy. Now we'll start our first step to group enough manpower for translate work(hmm......large text length need large number of translaters, you know...).
By the way. ;)It's "tedious task".
Oh, don't worry about text-files editions. Although i don't know how to do but...urr...We have engineer about that. He can settle it.
If you want it official, the man to ask is this guy.
He's Igiss, the original creator and owner of the Discovery Mod. His word is what passes for law around here.
Please email Igiss using the address found here http://discoveryfl.com/dev-team/. If you do not get a response within 2 weeks, please contact me by PM on this forum.
' Wrote:If you want it official, the man to ask is this guy.
He's Igiss, the original creator and owner of the Discovery Mod. His word is what passes for law around here.
hmm......I can't make it official...I don't have that permission.:(
Because I'm not the leader of the translate team. I just be sent here to get ... well, unofficial folk supports. Then I'll report your opinions to my teammaster. You know, we may stuck in an embarrasing condition if we did what foreign friends don't agree. And your views will be sent to official managers by our leader for more convincing.
I...just a signalman. I should report this to boss.
Thanks.
' Wrote:Please email Igiss using the address found here http://discoveryfl.com/dev-team/. If you do not get a response within 2 weeks, please contact me by PM on this forum.
Roger that. 2 weeks.
http://discoveryfl.com/dev-team/
I'll report to translate team leader.And i'll inform you in this post if i got further details.
(Now...launch my FL and enjoy 486:D.......)
Just as a side note, you'd probably have to run your own server in Chinese, as part of this server's rules is that it's an english-only server (in system chat and naming), and you have to have a decent understanding of English to get by.