Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Just a thought
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I noticed a lot of complaints in the threads announcing the new admins/mods and it got me thinking.

Why don't we get to choose who gets to be a mod?

The community can't really complain about the team if they choose who gets in. Would also help stem the flow of rumours regarding conspiracy and bias.
It won't happen.

Disco isn't a democracy. That has been made clear time and again.

Until they start charging us to play, what can we do? Deal with it and realize we might not like all of the admin/mod team.

Such is life...
' Wrote:It won't happen.

Disco isn't a democracy. That has been made clear time and again.

Until they start charging us to play, what can we do? Deal with it and realize we might not like all of the admin/mod team.

Such is life...

Did you vote no because you don't want to vote on the administration or because you don't think it will happen?

Edit: Zelot watching the thread, "nay" counter goes up. Teehee.
' Wrote:Did you vote no because you don't want to vote on the administration or because you don't think it will happen?

I didn't vote...but my vote would be yes actually.

But, again, it doesn't matter....so why even vote?

It could be 100% yes votes and it won't change anything....

You've been here longer than me, you should know that by now.

But, again, until they make me pay to play, I really don't have a foot to stand on....
' Wrote:I didn't vote...but my vote would be yes actually.

But, again, it doesn't matter....so why even vote?

It could be 100% yes votes and it won't change anything....

You've been here longer than me, you should know that by now.

But, again, until they make me pay to play, I really don't have a foot to stand on....

Oh, I just assumed because you were the only one who had posted that you were the other person that had voted. I'm just looking for opinions is all, so go on, click that vote button.
Yes, obviously. But it won't happen. It isn't a democracy at all.
I can understand that members of the community might have their own valid opinions about the Admin/Mod team. But we don't need this to become a popularity contest.

I voted no.
' Wrote:I can understand that members of the community might have their own valid opinions about the Admin/Mod team. But we don't need this to become a popularity contest.

I voted no.
Exactly.
They listed a bunch of possibles years ago, and player base had a vote for which were liked. Also had a "put your name up for nomination" years ago also. So i would not say it will never happen. Unless they decided after that never again.
As for if you vote you cannot complain? How many still complain about pres or prime ministers after they get in if not who they voted for?
You can't trust the community players to put in-charge good enough mods or admins. I voted no, it's better the way it is now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5