Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Yar har har
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, me and another dude were flying around Stuttgart, pirating stuff late at night, when we realized that there weren't many traders coming through the system, so we decided to hit Omega 7 to see if we could catch any miners. Sure enough, when we reached the silver field, there was a nice little Kruger Heggy sitting there with a hold full of Silver ore. I run up to him, CD him, and do a bit o' RP with him while my wingman comes up into position. We make it clear that we are pirates looking for supplies, and I'm about to issue demands for, oh, say... 200 of his Silver ore? Then, before I can get the message typed out, he says "So, do you want me to mine to fill up your friends ship?" This pretty much flabbergasted me. Keep in mind that my wingman was flying a Uruz, which is a 4200 transport, so this isn't some dinky little freighter he's planning on filling. Me and my friend message each other, and are like "//Uhh... wut?" Neither of us has come across a situation like this before. After a while, we figure out that this guy is serious, and is fully prepared to fill our holds with ore in exchange for us not shooting him. So, we follow the guy to the center of the Silver field, and sure enough, he starts mining! Anyway, this is getting a bit too wierd for me, so I tell my friend to keep an eye out for any incoming lawfuls, as this may be a trap by the Miner to buy some time for the military to arrive. A few minutes pass, and much to my surprise, no sudden RNC show up, and the Miner is STILL mining. Just as I'm starting to wrap my head around the situation at hand, ANOTHER miner logs in right in the middle of the field. I quickly run over and CD him, and after a short philosophical discussion, he ALSO agrees to fill up my friends transport with ore in exchange for us not shooting him. So, there we are, two LWB pirates sitting in Omega-7 with our holds getting filled by two Kruger indies in Hegemons. We get our holds filled, thank the miners for their 'donations,' and then proceeded to transport the ore to Rochester base, where I began to compose and read out some poetry to a Liberty Navy pilot.

Anyway, a lot of things may happen to me in the future of my Disco life. I may fly my very own battleship. I may become the leader of my own faction. I might even set in motion a crazy chain of events, wiping out the Noms from sirius and going down in Disco history forever. But, whatever strange and wonderful things happen to me, nothing will ever compair to how awesome that Miner was in Omega-7, when he showed me a brand new way to pirate him. I tip my hat to you, good sir, and thank you for making me the man I am today.
Paragraphs.
You use several conjunctions in the wrong place and have a few run-on sentences.
Also, it's "Another dude and I".
The comma goes outside of the apostrophes.
Also, you should use parentheses instead of apostrophes when quoting.
Wow, I cant believe this is the first time that's happened to you Az! Miners are always trying to fill up my hold when me an my buddies rock up in ptran's, and I'm like "Erm no, I dont wanna wait around, or Id just mine myself, gimmie yer ore now!"

BTW I'm only posting in this floodtopic cos Im sure Marburg will move such a positive, rational and, even mildly enjoyable thread to its proper place in general discussions. GJ.
how is this funny? I say too much Freelancer for you.
Pastaballs
' Wrote:You use several conjunctions in the wrong place and have a few run-on sentences.
Also, it's "Another dude and I".
The comma goes outside of the apostrophes.
Also, you should use parentheses instead of apostrophes when quoting.
Grammarnazi to the extreme, I approve.
[Image: didntread.gif]
Thats common dude, most miners will trade time for the continued ability to make money, and keep what they've already mined.

After all, the transport exception in the rules, doesn't apply to miners. Boom, and thats four hours you cant make money in that field.
Although it IS gratifying to destroy the 'just kill me plz' miners.