Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Sam Guevenne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...comm.id.Diavolo.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

Greetings, Mr. Guevenne.

Against all odds I have decided to trust you and I am sending this message as direct and untrackable hack into your ships databanks; any responses to this messages can be made as addition to the files folder.

As I said in the rather short meeting we had in space, I decided to give you the chance of prooving yourself trustworthy as deliverer, this will happen in two stages.

What I am asking you first, is the most simplest thing there could be in this little 'contract'.
In order to make this work, I want you to prove a good reputation in your papers to the Lane Hackers [+0.5 minimum].

Incase you can sucsessfully proof that, I will give you the info about the second step.

Clear enough ? I expect your answer.

...encryption.in.progress...hack terminated...
*Sam is browsing through some paperwork on his computer, when he notices a file that wasn't there before. He opens it and starts to read; "Interesting, he really contacted me", he thinks and grabs the keyboard.*

Hello there, Mister Hacker,

that was quite fast, I like that, you act like a real businessman. I'm pretty sure we can arrange some profitable business.
The proof you requested is somewhere in this file; I hope it pleases you.

*He saves the file and attaches a encrypted data set into the file's source code; and logs off after he is done*

...uploading.data...

I see you got yourself some good reputations, although I can't be bothered wondering how.

And instead of just asking for another plain-dumb reputation show-off I will task you with something ... different.

As you well know, when dealing with Lane Hackers inside Liberty you are playing with fire; if you get caught doing your business with us by the law enforcements it won't end very well for you, so choose wisely what you do now.

You can wether proof me, that you delivered 2000 units of cardamine from Planet Malta to the Rouge Base Buffalo or you turn your back to this deal right now and act like this has never happened.

Incase you are willing to cooperate and submit the proof of the completion of this task, I will give you your first assignment of a smuggling operation.

*Sam furrows his brow when he reads the reply. After a short time of reading it again, he decides to answer*

Senor, I wouldn't call myself a smuggler, I'm a businessman, and I'm not one of the common cardaminerunners. I acquire and deliver special goods on demand. If you want something special delivered to a special place, I'm your man.
Before I decide if I do this "cardamine trip", I want more infos on that what you call "first assignment of a smuggling operation". Or at least a guarantee that your further tasks will pay off well.

*As he finishes the last sentence, he leans back in his sit, considering the Hacker's offer*

...uploading.data...

Your further tasks, if done correctly, might fund you the rest of your life as 'businessman', be assured.

All I want you to do, is to show me you are willing to do even, what some consider 'nasty work', to archieve your goal, not saying it will ever be required.

Your next 'smuggling assignments' are nothing else then your casual deliveries; but the fact you are shipping these goods to me ... us ... can make you a smuggler in the eyes of some unmentionables.

Now make up your choice. If you let me wait with it too long, someone else will get rich by doing almost nothing.

*Sam lightens a cigarette, and sips his tea, when he reads the new message*

We have deal.
I will contact you as soon as the task has been done

*He stands up and heads towards the cargobay, to make place for the stuff the Hacker has asked him to deliver*
*Sam signes a form and hands it over to a man who leaves the bridge after this. He orders some people to go to the cargobay start off-loading the cardamine. Sam turns to the computer and edits the file that the hacker placed in his system*

It's done. Not the full amount you asked for, but I think that slightly difference is no problem. The proof is as always somewhere in this message.

*After Sam is done with hiding the evidence in the file, he stands up and leaves the ship, looking around at Buffalo base and thinking about what could come next*
...uploading.data...

I see you've fulfilled your task at my expectations, the little less amount of cargo won't be a problem.

Now, that we can get into serious business, I will give you your first payed assignment:

5 Gallic Artifacts
10 Gallic Holosculptures
25 Gallic Hypno Tainment Bands
25 Gallic Manifolds

The pay-off would be 10,01 million credits; in addition, if you would give me the exact callsign of the one vessel you will use for this, I would guarantee immunity from all piracy of the LH~ (exception: when hauling Gate-/Lane Parts or Corsair Artifacts).

Is this something you can agree on ? If yes, leave a personal message to the origin of this hack, when you arrived at the Freeport 4 with the said goods.

*Sam notices that someone somehow edited something on his computer. He smirks and opens the file*

You always answer fast, senor. I appreciate that.
The goods you asked for have been acquired and are currently onboard the Secretaria~Basilica, waiting at Freeport 4. However, I would suggest you put that immunity on me, Sam Guevenne, rather than on that ship, since I have more than this one.
The ship will stay docked there until you pick up the goods.

*Sam shuts down his computer and heads to the Freeport 4 bar, waiting for the hacker to arrive*
...uploading.data...

Mr. Guevenne, I am calling for your services yet again and ask you to deliver the following items to Freeport 4 as soon as you can:

5 -Gallic Artifacts
15 -Gallic Hypno Tainment Bands
20 -Gallic Liquified Petroleum
5 -Gallic Nox
20 -Gallic Petrochemicals
15 -Gallic Promethene

I am offering you 15 million credits for this delivery, I am sure it will work for the deal; I am awaiting your arrival in Magellan.

Pages: 1 2