Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I'm new to this server but I played Freelancer 3 years ago for about a year.
Anyways some of the stuff on this server confuses me like the ID's and Tags also what factions are there and what do they do, what equips are there?
Welcome aboard Box,

There number of very useful help threads, you could do well by reading. here

the ID is there to show what kind of character you will be roleplaying. It acts as your tractor beam, and it is essential to carry an ID at all times, no exceptions.

after you hit level 40, it is time to choose what kind of character you will be playing. the civilian ID that you start with in no longer valid.

If you wish to act as a trader, you can get a trader ID or a corporate ID.

If you wish to be a pirate, you can get an ID from any of the NPC pirate factions.

there are IDs available for all the freelancer factions, it is up to you what you want to be, just remember, The ID you choose limits you to what ships you can buy, equipment you can use, and bases you can dock. A pirate can not dock on a navy or police base, and vice versa. A corsair would not use an outcast ship, or weapons.

hope this helped, If you have any questions, please feel free to ask one of [The_Angels] in game, they are there to help.

-Puck
Welcome to Discovery.....

First read readme, then read server rules and then logon and try figure what is ID (don't worry you have 40 lvls to rise before you must do first ID change), then logoff and read server rules again, one maybe two times, make sure you understand every rule .... Then log on again and enjoy ...

Have fun, be fair and enjoy the game

EDIT: Puck wrote it all
welcome to discovery.
remember this is a role play server. you are expected to act in role play at all time on server.
Beware of the communist penguins

and, greetings.
Thanks for the warm welcome and the information.
Welcome to Discovery, mate. Have fun here!
Welcome! Just to re-iterate Skoko's point, read the rules, it'll save you getting beaten by the admin sanction-hammer.

I see the useful links have already started, and Xing has wrned you of our resident Red Menace, more warnings to come like as not and some shameless recruiting, too I don't doubt. However the only faction you'll ever need is the Democratic Peoples Of Liberty. I f that doesn't float your boat, however there's a couple of other links in my sig.
Hi! Welcome to the server:)

Have fun, and follow the rules;)
Kunichiwa my friend and welcome to Discovery. Hope that you have fun, follow the rules, and join the faction thats right for you.