Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Uh Hi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello All,
Old vanilla freelancer here (oh god, do I feel old.) Never had too much to do with modding or pw. Never was that good at games anyhoo, but I love them.

So when I found my old freelancer disc, I looked into getting it working with Win7 and found the Starport and then I found you guys.

I gather I join up on the server and type /restart <probably liberty for starters> and bang I'm dead somehow. Yes I'm that bad. Just one question which of the discovery servers should I join? There seems to be a UK and a US server. I'm in Australia, smack dab in the middle between Europe and The Americas

Anyhoo, great to be here and I'll try not to noob up the place too much
Or is it Discovery Freelancer RP
Discovery freelancer RP 24/7 Best population, and most stable. Welcome to the meat grinder.
Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7 is the official server of the mod and this forum. Other servers tend to have their own forums which you can find links to/information for here.

Which one you should join depends on whether you want hardcore roleplay, relaxed roleplay, or no roleplay, and whether you prefer laggy but heavily populated (most Australians get lag on the main server since it's located in Germany), or low lag but low population (one of the Australian servers would offer this).
Also, if you're wondering, the restart command does kick you from the server briefly so that it can change your character file. This is normal, you can log back in rightaway.
Welcome to the central Disco Server and forum, have fun.

/restart commands kick you from the server to update your character, they dont kill it.
Thank you for the welcome I am playing on the official server now.
Welcome there.

If you liked vanilla - you'll love the mod.
Welcome, enjoy Disco.
Welcome to our crezi community, enjoy your stay.
Pages: 1 2