Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question about rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I heard recently that Lawful aren't allowed to open fire on a smuggler/trader with a Cruiser/Dest/BS/Jug/Dread.

But a question come to my mind.

Alaska is an high security zone, in the description it says that trespasser are eliminated. Most faction ban Trespassers from going in their systems(guard) too.

So my question is, Since the trader/smuggler Is Not suppose to be here at all, are we allowed to kill him with any of our ships?
I think the whole point of the rule is not a role play reason but a fairness one.

A transport of any kind simply doesnt stand a chance under the firepower of anything bigger then a gunboat.

that having been said... the rules leave a lot open to interpretation right or wrong.

It should be up to us to try and follow the rules in the spirit of which they were made.

if it feels like shooting fish in a barrel, don't do it.
hmm...

there are rules in Omi-100 and it seems the only way to make my point clear is to use my Destroyer. Now although I've never actually killed an intruder (which I certainly would have) I think even if the rules state that, the intruding smuggler or whatever is breaking system rules by entering, besides smugglers break player made rules all the time, so... yeah... good point.
Interesting...

A while back it was explained to me that lawful capships COULD - fire on smugglers and traders, an admin even told me as much.

Has this recently changed? I used to find the double standard that lawfuls could and unlawfuls couldnt completly ridiculous...

As with Laowai, I have also been told by an Admin that lawful vessels can target and destroy trading vessels, again I'm with Laowai on the double standards this presents.
i think the rule was changed. - - before it only stated that you must not pirate in anything bigger than a gunboat. - and so, it left lawfuls being able to stop criminals in a warship.

but with the rule change, - its as simple as it was said about unwanted ships approaching pirate homeplanets. - all you can do it ask them to turn and leave.. you must not attack them in any way. - not evne in alaska, cause alaska is not a guard system but a generic system and so - general server rules apply.

its a bit sad that its not possible anymore, cause it takes a lot of logic from the lawful factions and patrols. - but someone must have seen it plausible to change it.
' Wrote:i think the rule was changed. - - before it only stated that you must not pirate in anything bigger than a gunboat. - and so, it left lawfuls being able to stop criminals in a warship.

but with the rule change, - its as simple as it was said about unwanted ships approaching pirate homeplanets. - all you can do it ask them to turn and leave.. you must not attack them in any way. - not evne in alaska, cause alaska is not a guard system but a generic system and so - general server rules apply.

its a bit sad that its not possible anymore, cause it takes a lot of logic from the lawful factions and patrols. - but someone must have seen it plausible to change it.

So you're saying that Lawful cap ships CANNOT engage traders at all???? ok - if thats the case, i missed that rule change... kinda surprised that i did seeing as even though i cant get into the game anymore im still reading the forums everyday.... when did that happen????
Actually given that I was told just a few days ago that Lawfuls could annihilate anybody with anything given due cause, I don't think you've missed anything.
Well, capital ships can blow holes in ships when they are tresspassing on guard systems, for instance, a trader using Virginia as a shortcut can be shot on sight by a player Lib Dreadie, regardless of what the player's ID or tag is.

If the guard system idea was extended to Zone-21, then yes, you can shoot the traders.

' Wrote:If the guard system idea was extended to Zone-21, then yes, you can shoot the traders.

... and it should. I mean, if in real life you would trespass a certain 'highly classified' area, they would do whatever they could in order to stop you and/or 'eliminate' you. They couldn't afford letting someone escape with such information. I don't think that if, say, a train comes out of the Alaska JG in New York and the Navy has a battleship stationed there, they would scramble fighters to blow the train up.. no.. they'd just beamz0rs it.
Pages: 1 2 3