Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I need fresh ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So here is it. If you know a good way to have RP interaction, some good places, people, ideas - please post any.
So far I am getting bored of my current state.
I will give 5 million (thats 1\3 of all my money :laugh:) to one who will give me the best advice
Best advice huh? Avoid Liberty if you want to RP. Well Cali might be fine, go pirate if anything.
' Wrote:Best advice huh? Avoid Liberty if you want to RP. Well Cali might be fine, go pirate if anything.

no, thank you.
I use the players online list to find the characters I know/heard of or I check the nearby systems for people with roleplay-ish names. Typically those make sense or are a pun on something. Works on a case-by-case basis with LNS/MNS/whateverNS.
Typically all you need to do after that is to find them and start a conversation.
Granted, that's a stalker-ish method.
' Wrote:I use the players online list to find the characters I know/heard of or I check the nearby systems for people with roleplay-ish names. Typically those make sense or are a pun on something. Works on a case-by-case basis with LNS/MNS/whateverNS.
Typically all you need to do after that is to find them and start a conversation.
Granted, that's a stalker-ish method.

sounds well, but still I dont know where and whom I want to play
RP is rampant throughout the server, its just a matter of finding it. Personally I have "collected" a group of 3-5 people who I roleplay with on a consistent basis. In one of the groups, I roleplay as a Freelancer who travels with a group of other freelancers for adventures taking us Sirius wide, sometimes avoiding Chain Snacing GRN bombers. Most of this RP is just stuff myself and a couple of the others chat about through out the week, then play out on the server when we are all available. Most times I'll provide a payment of a few million credits to the newer people of the group, for their time, and the engaging RP, but its usually RP'd as a contract reward.

Other misadventures of late have revolved around order space, but I'm still working with a few people on setting that up regularly.

I would suggest, to surround yourself with with people whose RP you enjoy, and who enjoy your RP. A few people I RP with now, I met with nothing more then a "Greetings Freelancer, know where a weary pilot can snag a good strong drink in these parts?"

While many view Liberty, and New York as a haven for lol-wuts, noobs, and all around idiocy, I would argue, since my return, that New York, and Liberty poses an untapped mine of healthy RP. While many people misunderstand the server environment upon first playing, if you find the right people, with nurturing / guidance, they can RP with the best of us.

We all started somewhere, myself having a particularly rocky start back in early 4.84. I would suggest keeping an open mind, observing whats going on, and then starting up basic RP with new players. From there its just a matter of what adventures and stories you wish to weave.

While faction RP is always good fun, weaving your own legacy on the server, through its ups and downs, killing off aspects of it, and then tweaking it when your reinvigorated is just as much fun. I would say, let it flow like water.
' Wrote:sounds well, but still I dont know where and whom I want to play

Look for crowded places and select your chars basing on that. Can't have an RP interaction with yourself, so people tend to be flying around large hubs, like NY for example.

All that is merely a guideline, of course. Provided you have good enough imagination, you can find RP almost anywhere.
Cast yourself a app to the +LE+, were more than willing to look over any decently written application. those who want to rp are welcome. with our diplomacy weird as it is its rather amusing.
Will think of all you wrote here, thank you
Create an Alaska experiment.
Pages: 1 2