Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battleship shield strengh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you think, should shields power be reduced for 4.79 in comparison to current 4.79 beta? With increased strength and regeneration, new shields are much more powerful than 4.78 ones, making all capital ships less vulnerable for fighters.

Should shields stay as they are in beta, or power should be reduced to give fighters chance? Not reduced to 4.78 extent, of course, they will still be stronger - but not as strong as right now.
I like how BS shelds are in the beta. They are strong enough to avoid a single fighter from taking them down. But not too strong as to make the ship indestructible.

The other day i fought a battlestar in Eden. I was making quick work on their shields with my raven's claw. I think i managed to lower them to 50% using supernova mines. But the telephone rang and i had to quit the game. So if a fighter with mines can do that to a BS, imagine what a bomber with 2al novas and supernova mines can do... now, imagine 2 bombers with that config... The BS will get a lot of damage before it is able to take down the bombers.

I vote "leave shields as they are now in the beta".
You saw the real intro. THAT was a cap ship.... eh whatever... i vote for shield raising.
Korrd,Mar 17 2006, 08:58 AM Wrote:I like how BS shelds are in the beta. They are strong enough to avoid a single fighter from taking them down. But not too strong as to make the ship indestructible.

The other day i fought a battlestar in Eden. I was making quick work on their shields with my raven's claw. I think i managed to lower them to 50% using supernova mines. But the telephone rang and i had to quit the game. So if a fighter with mines can do that to a BS, imagine what a bomber with 2al novas and supernova mines can do... now, imagine 2 bombers with that config... The BS will get a lot of damage before it is able to take down the bombers.

I vote "leave shields as they are now in the beta".
[snapback]14550[/snapback]

I agree with Korrd. Leave them as they are.

Maybe we should add a poll.
Fire, have you even fought a BS on the Beta server? A Player BS...

Making them better would mean that ANOTHER BS couldn't kill it.... o.O

I vote leave them, at least until I've had a chance to fight them in a Bomber.