Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trader ID KOS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If a trader ID'ed character has been declared to be killed on sight, (3 traders were smuggling passengers in omicron gamma, then started firing on corsairs), do the usual trader ID rules apply?

Is it OK to kill them without asking for cargo/money, is it OK to kill them in cruisers etc.
They've been appropriately warned then informed that they were put on KOS list.
names of the traders?
' Wrote:If a trader ID'ed character has been declared to be killed on sight, (3 traders were smuggling passengers in omicron gamma, then started firing on corsairs), do the usual trader ID rules apply?

Is it OK to kill them without asking for cargo/money, is it OK to kill them in cruisers etc.
A Mercenary I try to avoid bounties against traders like the plague, but if you were to pursue those, I'd say that the better way is to have a visible and public bounty on the traders stating precisely why they have been bountied. Even then I'm not sure you're safe.
i think that an official bounty ( one that the admins - if necessary can see aswell, and not some shady contract from a "friend" ) is reason enough to allow you to blow a trader up.

but you shouldn t sneak up to the trader - but killing a lawful ( even if he was smuggling ) is allways a sensitive matter... more sensitive than most people think.

firstly - you should engage him in neutral space and not in house space. then you should make sure that he is not near lawfuls, cause they would have to protect a trader no matter if there is a bounty on him or not.
and most importantly, you should make some things crystal clear BEFORE you shoot:
- your intention
- your reasons
- the reason why he is on the bounty list

furthermore - you may ( to improve the RP situation ) make sure you fire a train CD into possible lawfuls before you attack, to simulate a violation to the law. ( that means, even if you re a neutral merc, - but catch someone near ... lets say an IMG freeport, i d try to turn the station red to you, at least for the duration of the fight, cause the station would not really tolerate a pirate attack ( and in that case, a merc assassinating a trader is to be considered a pirate from the point of view of the station ).

if all that applies, i don t think there will be a problem. - mind, if the trader in question has a real problem with that.... forget about the bounty. its supposed to be fun for BOTH sides ( not for the killer side with the big guns )

when you act strictly by the rules, - you must not shoot him down. as a lawful, you d need an ironclad reason to do so ( contraband, hostages etc ) - and as a pirate, you d need to ask him for cargo / cash first.
' Wrote:If a trader ID'ed character has been declared to be killed on sight, (3 traders were smuggling passengers in omicron gamma, then started firing on corsairs), do the usual trader ID rules apply?

Probably not.

Best solution would be to PM the admins and ask them directly, then you'll have an ironclad, flameproof arguement if those traders come onto the forums and start complaining (assuming the admins say yes).

Otherwise bounty them.

Or my personal favorite, ask some 'friends' (read: Phantoms) to help you out.

' Wrote:Probably not.

Best solution would be to PM the admins and ask them directly, then you'll have an ironclad, flameproof arguement if those traders come onto the forums and start complaining (assuming the admins say yes).

Otherwise bounty them.

Or my personal favorite, ask some 'friends' (read: Phantoms) to help you out.

what about this? Whenever I see them, I let them know that there's a KOS on them, and they have to pay 10 mill to get it removed, or they die.

That's fair isn't it? It's kinda like taxing, but related to KOS instead of cargo.
Corsiars are the law in corsair space. They have every right to police it. That said, you may want to talk to McNeo before you do anything claiming Corsair jurisdiction.
I have a point to make regarding similar incidences. If a trader is carrying liberty rogue pilots, do I have to let him past? I mean, i've been on my trader before carrying bounty hunterberty police pilots and liberty player capital ships have demanded i drop them. But I had a trader ID? "It's contraband", they said. So I dropped them.

I think the reverse should hold true for unlawfuls, regardless of what ship. If you're caught by a corsair carrying corsair pilots, it shouldn't matter whether you have a damn trader ID, you're committing illegal activities from their perspectives and should either drop it or face the consequences. It is very poor RP to simply ignore someone who is carrying, say, 50 liberty rogue pilots in their hold simply because they have a trader ID and I happen to be in a cruiser and there aren't any other liberty rogues around to stop them at that particular moment. I personally will screenshot their hold and their ID/Tag and then demand they drop them. To not do so violates my RP. They're a trader, they shouldn't be carrying unlawful pilots anyway, certainly not within sight of aforementioned unlawfuls.

I just think perhaps the rules should be tweaked to reflect this.
The Corsairs are in a difficult position. From an RP perspective, VIPs and Passengers should never be allowed to be put on Crete.
Anyone who frequents Gamma will know that it's difficult to declare this rule and stop the trader before they speed-dock.

Traders should be aware that carrying passengers into Gamma is like taking and releasing a pack of velociraptors onto a crowd.
Gamma barely has enough food to sustain it's population. Tourists consume upto five times more food per day than an average corsair. Bringing 4000 tourists to Crete means that corsair children go hungry. 4000 tourists is enough to cause a full-blown food crisis that would take many trips between Crete and Freeport-9 to solve. All this from one train getting through.
From a Corsair's perspective, any trader bringing such goods to Gamma is deliberately trying to cause starvation. It's an act of war.
Gamma is also the heart of a deeply militant pirate organisation. Strictly speaking it would be reasonable in RP to kill any cargo train trespassing on such terrain. Would the Dragons tolerate trespassing cargo-trains in Chugoku?
Corsairs are letting cargo trains pass for the most part, but do you think it makes any RP sense for them to pull any punches in protecting their people from mass starvation?
I really doubt if there are any exceptions to any of the rule... and if there are, they are already detailed in server rules.
Pages: 1 2