Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: You know what I'd like to see more of
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think itd make more sense for non-gallic planets to have more than one spaceport, and it could allow more ships to be sold on a single planet, it doesnt make sense that you have to fly out to the border worlds to buy an eagle for instance.

I think it could also provide some interesting situations for when multiple factions have a stake on a single lanet. E.G: A corsair ring, and a zoner ring on Gran Canaria. Or even two factions that are at war, battling on the ground of a planet, each with thier own fortified docking ring on opposite sides!
And you think the first came to planet will allow the enemies to construct a docking ring? Just kill the marine carriers just before they dock, that's the way you win in the space!
Support multiple docking rings!
more ships, commodities and other stuff per planet, yay!
More docking rings is a cool idea and yeah, could allow more ships to be sold on a planet...

But barring that, there's nothing that says ships don't still get to the surface of a planet by normal atmospheric entry either.

Like in the case of a faction raiding an enemies home planet, for example..I doubt they'd use docking rings.
I'm okay with this [Planet Manhattan has only one docking ring inRP :laugh:].
' Wrote:But barring that, there's nothing that says ships don't still get to the surface of a planet by normal atmospheric entry either.

Like in the case of a faction raiding an enemies home planet, for example..I doubt they'd use docking rings.

This is likely going to be the most important thing said in this thread.
Docking rings only allow for easy transportation of cargo to and from the planet, as they (basically) 'remove gravity' meaning ships do not need to reach escape velocity to exit the atmosphere.
Less fuel:D

However, ships smaller than transports could still enter the atmosphere the old fashioned way, although I can't imagine this is commonplace in modern-day Sirius.
Acutally its just confusing I took me 5 mins to find out which is Planet new Paris ring
Pretty sure that inrp you need a docking ring to dock. As space ships arnt designed for unassisted atmospheric re-entry. I think it says so on the docking ring infocard.

I think the heavy lifter may be one of the few exceptions to this.
How about a compromise? The programming of multiple docking rings will be a pain in the adss, so maybe it should only be done in high traffic areas, like Manhattan or certain planets in the Sigma and Tau systems. God knows we needs something like that in the Tau system that the Gallic forces have invaded.
Manhattan should totally have another docking ring on the dark side, for us Cardamine smugglers.
Pages: 1 2