Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question about Bunter Core pilots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on 'typical' background of your run of the mill Bounty Hunter Core pilot. From what I can tell, the regular Bounty Hunter's Guild draws many of its pilots from ex-pirates and fortune seekers, hailing back to its roots in the Texas system. However, Core pilots seem like a totally diffrent breed of pilot than your average hunter... They fly huge capital ships for one, consider themselves crusaders for humanity, and seem to be the manifestation of some insanely rich megalomaniac's midnight musings. "Hmm..." he though, "I've got all this money, but nothing to do... I know! I'll take over the Omicrons." Anyway, I've been thinking about possibly joining the core, or at least creating a bunter core indie, but I really have no idea what qualifications are needed for Core pilots. Are they ex-military? Does the Guild train them up themselves, selecting the best from within their own ranks? Or are they also ex-pirates, who, in their previous professions, were very high ranking within their criminal organizations?

If anyone, especially any people with expereince playing Core characters, could give me an idea what the typical Bounty Hunter Core pilot might look like, I would greatly appriciate it.
[color=#FFFFFF]Think of us as the Janissaries of the regular hunters. My char for example is a graduate from the Royal Naval Academy then to the regular hunters and finally in the Core
My char has been a Hunter all his life, family ties. So being a core member is akin to being part of the regular military with all the honour and pomp that goes with it. I play him very much like I would play a house military char.
I always thought of the Core as the Bunters that manage to draw attention to themselves skill-wise, and get recruited in to an even more dangerous area - the Omicrons, in search of more powerful nomnom weaponry. Basically, more risk for a bigger paycheck.
I think that core riding gamma is strange. Otherwise I see them like bunch of highly paid mercenaries that are just better organized in mercenary army.
' Wrote:I think that core riding gamma is strange. Otherwise I see them like bunch of highly paid mercenaries that are just better organized in mercenary army.

Those are a few indies. BHG|Core- pilots dont raid gamma. It's silly and oorp.

Now, to answer Azrael's question.

Here is the entire writeup.

Core pilots used to be half brainwashed zealots. a lot of them got killed in the battle of Toledo. Since then the Core has started reqruiting more 'normal' people and has abandoned the indoctrination doctrine. There's still some old schoolers around like Varrus and Decus but there's a new generation of Core pilots being drafted now. Some are ex pirates but most are better than just cons turned bounty hunter. The Core has reorganised after the disaster at toledo and is now some sort of megacorp-ish entity. Less zealoting around, more pragmatic and stoic.

Examples of Core pilots are ex-navy pilots, mercenaries, promising bounty hunter pilots who were drafted into the Core and the odd nutcase/ thrillseeker.

Read the link I gave you and it should be clear. or hit me or Montezuma up on skype.
' Wrote:Those are a few indies. BHG|Core- pilots dont raid gamma. It's silly and oorp.
Few......:mellow:
More than a few.
' Wrote:Few......:mellow:
More than a few.

Plenty of legates around to show them the door;)

In rp the Core don't raid Gamma and the off. faction doesn't.
' Wrote:[color=#FFFFFF]Think of us as the Janissaries of the regular hunters.

Abducted Catholic children trained to murder the their former brethens all their lives?