Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "The Button" in terms of your roleplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lately I've been thinking about resetting or removing the current roleplay of some of my characters, to start a fresh and re-roll the dice. Mostly because I miss playing as my Sentinel characters, great fun they were and I learned a lot from it.

Unfortunately I pulled a bad stunt with the 'latest' updates with them and I'm considering pulling the plug and hitting 'the button' to reset them. Although, would that even be accepted?

Would hitting the reset on my characters be accepted into other's RP? Would their deeds or misdeeds be forgotten?

Have you ever thought about hitting 'the button'?
This is a good thought, and sometimes a needed reprieve from things are needed.

such example being the random conflicts that tend to spring up, sometimes ya just move your ship somewhere else and ignore stupidity.

Either way, anyone who dident accept it is probably looking for a blue message rather than actually wanting to rp, so i doubt its an issue.
"The button," as you call it, is actually the "/renameme" commad. Ahh, the wonders of internet anoymity.
I guess you should better move on with another set of chars. But it's not as if you were obliged, it's just a suggestion.
' Wrote:"The button," as you call it, is actually the "/renameme" commad. Ahh, the wonders of internet anoymity.
Not really, there are only a few things I want to reset in my current train of thought, a total rewrite isn't necessarily needed. I want to carry my older roleplay style, while removing some of the newer writings in an acceptable fashion for others to RP with.

I've renamed and erased a good number of characters, just not to the big sense where it conflicts with other's RP or faction history to a sense.
Yep, all too often.
I have been thinking about this too... I kinda miss smeagle and don't know whether I should try and revive him by just pressing the reset button or leave things be...
I've used the button twice for Jeremy.

Now he is less Gsry Sue I hope.
Certainly the neat thing with AI roleplay is you can RP something going wrong terribly. Like a memory wipe or something. That way starting from scratch wouldn't necessarily be an OORP event.
Funny you mention it - A week or so ago, I killed one of my flagship characters on this server. How would others take it?

Erm ... People die?

Especially people heavily involved in energy exchange performed by military-grade space containers.
Pages: 1 2