Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Idea - Trade lanes, jump gates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When moving through house systems, this idea came in mind. Pls dont post if you dont have anyting to say or just crtisize.
The lawfuls uses trade lanes and jump gates. If they are hostile then cant dock on stations and planets. But destite heing hostile they can go through trade lanes and jump gates. This is same for the unlawfuls. Trade lanes and jump gates built for house corporations not for unlawfuls or enemies. Then how exactly they can use trade lanes and jump gates at ease?

How about this:
Lawfuls, friendlies dock tradelane/jump gates normally as they are doing now.
Hostiles ( unlawfuls/ enemies ) get a massage "Hacking Initiated" and after few seconds they can dock on trade lanes, but for jump gates hacking time is longer. And for doing this they have small amount of counterfit softwares in cargo hold.

Players can dock on bases in same ways but hostiles got the same massage, but here they can dock if they have large amount of counterfit softwares on board.

Devs thoughts are greatly welcome. Feel free to discuss but pls no crticism.
While a hacking feature would be nice, I dont think it requireing just an amount of counterfiet software is the way to go.

As for the idea about unlawfuls not using lanes and jumpgates, I dont know about lanes, but I agree with jumpgates.
It is good idea, I don't like when someone uses unlawful gate or even more lane, but that's the matter of choice. Maybe it would be more interesting if we use counterfiet software or if it it takes more time to activate lane or gate. I don't know about planets and bases, that can be abused a lot.
' Wrote:It is good idea, I don't like when someone uses unlawful gate or even more lane, but that's the matter of choice. Maybe it would be more interesting if we use counterfiet software or if it it takes more time to activate lane or gate. I don't know about planets and bases, that can be abused a lot.
To stop the abuse :
Counterfit sofware will be required like following:
Trade lanes : 10
Jump gates : 30
Base : 2000
Planet : 4000
While hacking, ships will be stationary.
Hacking will be required softwares but cargo would not disappear.
Also docking and undocking both will requier softwares at same amount.
Lanes/Gates, why not one way or another, station/planet? No, just no, the crew would simply arrest/kill/decapitate/whatever upon docking.
I'm not entirely sure how much 4k units of Counterfeit software costs, but I doubt there are many, if any, commodities that can be profitable at 1k. And who else but transports could carry that many?
' Wrote:Lanes/Gates, why not one way or another, station/planet? No, just no, the crew would simply arrest/kill/decapitate/whatever upon docking.
Can you kill each and every terrorist and criminals while they enter your country in real life? If that is so then we will not have any terrorists or criminals left in any country now.
For you i must say the softwares of those huge amount will hack the planet's system and just produces fake id....
Also it can be done like this:
While on the planet the cargo of softwre slowly repliniesh( in rp cops detecting illegal access and arresting some of your crews).
You are free to discuss.
No.
' Wrote:I'm not entirely sure how much 4k units of Counterfeit software costs, but I doubt there are many, if any, commodities that can be profitable at 1k. And who else but transports could carry that many?
Exactly. If we provide lesser amount then it can easily be abused by transports. Also as they need the same amount for undocking too, thus restricting them from buying things in large quantities from planets.
I dont want enemy bs docking in any planets so the amount set is more than all bs cargo capacity.

' Wrote:No.
Will you please tell me the reason behind so i can understand.
Pages: 1 2 3