Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some Starships for the Civies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One thing Ive noticed is that civies(Civilians and Freelancers) dont have the large ships. No, Liners arent what exactly what I call a starship. Im talking about some transports that are designed for long range flight and are really made for combat. The Gallia forces have the Taureau, a transport designed for assults, or allow certain ships to be used by Freelancers. Cause I mean come on, some of us want to fly through space without having a pirate in a gunship to blast our ships apart. Either allow some ships to Freelancers or make some ships for the Freelancers that arent some liner.
When I mean, "transports that are designed for long range flight and are really made for combat.", Im talking about some new or have some of the ships of House Factions allowed to Freelancers. Anyway, that gunship is a generic for civies.
Bison, Shire, Akegata, Uruz.

That's if you can use them with the cargo cap, which Freelancers probably can't.

Oh well, that's the price you pay for being able to fly everywhere.
a dream. But nice one.
I like this idea. But what happens if they use it against your ship? Long range pirates. Yep.
Pirates aren't Freelancers, which means they would be stuck with what they have, which is alot.

Idea 1:However, since Pirate and Freelancer IDs are different, the devs can code it in such a way that Freelancers can aquire these ships and Pirates would have reduced output or have equipement required(that would be designed for it and similar to military specs) for it at the same location you buy the ship at, which would be lawfull zones.

Idea 2:Another is to have IDs of the Lawfull that allow 2 types of weapons with a ship of one of the houses the weapons are from.
EX: A Kusari Gunship with Kusari and Liberty guns installed would have no power reduction, while a Rhienland Destroyer tries to use Bretonian Cannons with Kusari guns and has a reduction that basiclly renders the ship's weapon systems inoperable.

Such IDs would allow any use of any ship, but one of the two weapons has to be from that house/company in order to to be properly used and having a 3rd type will reduce powercore output. Either one could work and would probly make some people happy to have a ship they wanted, with restrictions of course.