Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Report post function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most software I've moderated on personally has a report function that gives an alert to moderators, and I could very well be completely blind and missing the one here.

If I'm not, and there isn't one, I was wondering if it's possible at all to have it installed?
The current process of finding an admin/moderator in the online users list and PMing them is a little convoluted, and while it does strain out false reports and little things, it does make it harder for a legitimate report to get sent.

Not a big deal, but one of those little things that would make a fairly sizable difference.

Thanks for your time!:smile2:
I know invisionfree has it but the admin/moderation panels are a pain I think..

I work with a free to use version of invisionfree for a different forum and its a pain to use the report feature
We used to have one, but anything and everything got reported, despite 90% of the reports not being breaches of rules. It went away due to that abuse. Whether it';s coming back or not, I couldn't say.
Some forums I visited have restrictions on the report function, like a minimum amount of posts or join date. Maybe something like that could reduce potential abuse?
' Wrote:We used to have one, but anything and everything got reported, despite 90% of the reports not being breaches of rules. It went away due to that abuse. Whether it';s coming back or not, I couldn't say.

Doesn't it make more sense to spank the people abusing it?
A bit more work to begin with, but once people got the idea, it should start to work as intended.

Besides, there's plenty of <strike>minions</strike> moderators to do the job.:smile2:
It was tried. It didn't work. Folks still abused the system. We generally find the bad stuff anyway, so it's not that much of an issue.
Hmm, alright, fair enough.
I will trust those with the experience here.:smile2:
Just send a PM to whatever moderator is online with a link and an explanation. If it's a rules violation (ship sales, ect), send in a violation report.

If it's not worth the time it takes to do that, it's not worth reporting.