Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rep Sheets for Player Factions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, a friend and I are creating a family group in Kusari, the Kamidas, and we have everything else set. Except the reputation listing. We have an idea on how it should look however nothing definite yet - since how our reputation is managed will depend on a certain faction who were still waiting to hear back from.

Were considering creating a page in the wiki about it and are aware that for that, that a rep sheet detailing our diplomacy should be made.

The only way I can think of making one are to make several characters and manage every single rep sheet, take an image, crop it and repeat. In all fairness that seems like a good bit of work for make 20 different factions. Although I am willing to do it i was wondering if their were any other alternative to this that might be more suitable.

On top of this 'making' the wiki page is also an issue. I have taken a brief look at editing the wiki and been dumb struck by the sheer complexity of it. I remember seeing a forum post detailing someone who would be willing to do it for factions (I think the renegade factions were closely involved with his first post in it).
I also fear i would do more bad that good if i even touched the wiki so i am disinclined to try anything myself.

If anyone would have any ideas or thoughts as too either of these issues any/all helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or thoughts.
' Wrote:On top of this 'making' the wiki page is also an issue. I have taken a brief look at editing the wiki and been dumb struck by the sheer complexity of it.
I also fear i would do more bad that good if i even touched the wiki so i am disinclined to try anything myself.
If you stick to a single page it's impossible to mess anything up on the rest of the wiki (unless you're dealing with the complex things like template pages). You can use the preview button to see how your page will look before saving it.

Making a basic faction page is pretty easy, the only real expectation is that you use the faction infobox template, like this:
Code:
{{Faction Infobox
| name = Liberty Navy
| image = Flag-liberty.png
| origin = Liberty
| alignment = Lawful
| founding_date = 230
| founder =
| primary_role = Protecting the Sovereignty of Liberty
| secondary_role = Enforcement of Liberty Law
| base = [[Richmond Station]], [[Virginia]]
}}
Yeah, I took a few shots at it and I'm surprised with the results - since they went better than expected. And family rep wise just took a few looks at other pages and found out the command needed.

Thanks for the advice Alex, really appreciate it!